Mountain Project Logo

iPhone X having problems loading routes/areas

Original Post
David Pagel · · Mequon · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 70

Anyone else having issues loading your existing downloads or routes? I can’t search anything new and can’t even click on Ticks I have already climbed. In the main menu I just get a “loading...” sign down below

Sam Vanderhyden · · Lyons, CO · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 15

Can you post a screen shot? I don't have an actual iPhone X device yet to test with, but should be getting one next week. Thanks.

Brian Abram · · Celo, NC · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 498

Mine did this too for several days. Then it just all of the sudden started working

Adam Libert · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 0

Yeah none of my areas show up either and it doesn’t give me the option anywhere to download new ones. In all other regards the app seems to be working, except this one most crucial function. See screenshots.

Would be happy to get on the phone or email to help recreate, explain, and debug this issue to hopefully get it resolved soon!

Got the X for its incredible camera, stoked to be the Jimmy Chin of EPC next week. But would love to have the awesomeness that is mountain project working!

Thanks!

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20

I reinstalled MP app on my non-iPhone new phone, none of old favorite areas were downloaded by default. IIRC, I clicked "Manage Areas" and did manual download

amarius wrote:

I reinstalled MP app on my non-iPhone new phone, none of old favorite areas were downloaded by default. IIRC, I clicked "Manage Areas" and did manual download

Ah, thanks for the reminder. Forgot to upload the one most important screenshot. Note that the manual download list is empty (rather than having a line for each state/country with a download symbol). There’s no way to download areas!

Mines the same ^^^ 

Have no options what so ever. I might try just leaving my phone on the “loading...” screen for a few hours. I’ll let you know how It goes 

This seems like a backup / restore issue or something. Can you please try deleting the app and re-downloading it from the app store and see if it works? I will work on the backup / restore scenario. Apologies for the issues.

Andddd we’re back! Had tried that but I think I did a restore between checking? Deleted again, reinstalled again. All is good in the world. Thanks!

I agree: reinstall the app and it works properly 

Thank you for letting me know. I'll will fix the issue with the app not working from a restore.

Hnakser Maksfer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 11 days ago · Points: 0
Sam Vanderhyden wrote:

This seems like a iPhone recovery or backup issue or something. Can you please try deleting the app and re-downloading it from the app store and see if it works? I will work on the backup / restore scenario. Apologies for the issues.

Are you sure that it is a iPhone recovery /backup issues ?   can i think of it as being unable to find new programs on the iPhone ? 

PS: The user has not lost any data or app from iPhone ,

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply