Mountain Project Logo

Denali West Buttress - May 2018 (looking for climbing/skiing partners)

Original Post
Brett Murphy · · Wrightwood, CA · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 0

I am trying to put together a small group of skiers (maybe a team of about 4) to climb Denali's West Buttress Route.  The dates I'm looking at right now are roughly between May 7th and May 25th, 2018 (including travel time, etc).  I was on a small team last season attempting Denali on snow shoes, but due to severe weather conditions and time constraints, we did not summit.  On that note, I am now very familiar with the route, the permit process and all of the logistics and planning required for this trip.  I would like to use skis for this expedition; I believe it's a much more efficient way to climb and transport gear, while saving energy and time.  

My experience:  I've climbed several 14ers in California and Colorado.  I climbed Kilimanjaro in 2015 and attempted Denali last season.  I spent several years on a snow/ice Search and Rescue Team and I have been an avid skier for most of my life.  I've also had training in avalanche rescue and crevasse rescue and have spent ample time camping/mountaineering in winter conditions.

If anyone is interested in joining me, or if anyone has any questions, feel free to reply here or email me at brettmurphy85@gmail.com

Ibrahim Cetindemir · · Ashford, WA · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 5

Yo dude! I'm also looking to put together another crew for next season. Not bringing another MH tent ever again tho. I'll be in snowshoes again since I cant ski to save my life. Hit me up on facebok if you wanna link up!

Josh Hutch · · State of Jefferson · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 90
Ibra Cetindemir wrote:

Sorry for the high jack... if you don't mind me asking, why not a MH tent?

His MH tent kind of got shredded in a storm last season.  And I'll join you if I can't find any other skiers.

Oliver Mcdonald · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 1

hey, already talk with you brett, but just thought I'd mention something publicly. I'm super keen to climb Denali this may and getting more psyched by the day. I haven't tried it before so wanna go with people that know there stuff but it look like you and Ibra Cetindemir would both know your stuff or at least have a little experience under the belt. 

We are still looking for 1 more skier/climber.... if anyone is interested....

Andrew Blease · · Bartlett, NH · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 480

I'm interested. Email me with some more info. Andrewjacobblease@gmail.com

Alex Peterson 1 · · Clovis, CA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Definitely interested! Shoot me a message 541-591-1847

Jeremy Toews · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

Hey guys! Are you still looking for climber? I have basic experience avalanche and also crevasse rescue courses, and have been eyeing up Denali for a few years now. Id be keen to chat more and see if this would be a good fit. Shoot me an email jeremy@knightcarpentry.com Cheers!

Our team is now full. Thank you.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Mountaineering
Post a Reply to "Denali West Buttress - May 2018 (looking for cl…"