Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

BD HiLight bivy tent for sale: 2 person/4 season

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Tod Gunter · · Hailey, ID · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 80

Black Diamond HiLight Tent for sale.  This is a great 2 person 4 season tent that has seen use but still has a lot of life left in it.  I am not the original owner but think it was purchased in 2008. I've owned it two years.

It was used pretty lightly by the original owner, who I know, but there is a patched hole in the door where someone obviously stepped on it.  It's an issue to be aware of with this style of tent. Other cosmetic flaws exist such as sap on the outside floor and aqua seal stains from when the previous owner seam sealed it.

I've used it in a variety of mountain settings from glaciers to alpine rock arenas and it's been great.  I hear it doesn't do well in humid or super wet environments but wouldn't know as I don't climb there.  

Retails for $400, asking $150.   

2 inch Aqua Seal repair on door tear.

Danomcq · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 95

I'd buy it if I didn't already have. I LOVE this thing

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

150 seems like a steal if it hasnt been updated too much since 2008 and still resists the elements well

Nick Black · · Arcata, CA · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 220

This is a great tent, I love mine! Not to put off potential buyers, but the new version is much shorter than before(2008 I think?) I'm 6'6 and I can't even fit diagonal in the new one, while the old version I just about fit straight. 6'2 and up should look else where, really pissed me off when I tried the new one!

Tod Gunter · · Hailey, ID · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 80

Sold!   Thanks for the interest and enthusiasm.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "BD HiLight bivy tent for sale: 2 person/4 season"
in the FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.