Mountain Project Logo

Steam boat woody/training wall/Backcountry

Original Post
Kevin O'Mally · · Philadelphia,pa · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

I will be in steamboat from January 20-27 mostly skiing, but i was wondering if anyone had a woody or hangboard set up that was willing to train with me once or twice, i see that steamboat has a gym, however it’s 35 dollars for a day pass, and that’s just ridiculous. Also if anyone wants to get in the backcountry I’m down, i don’t know the area so well,t he topos look promising, but A. I’m not a huge fan of doing solo backcountry skiing , and B. If you know some locals only type goodies I’d love to hear, also if you need a partner for any winter objectives I’d be down for some ski mountaineering just let me know and i can bring my stuff. i can rope gun on most things free climbing, i don’t have much exp with aid but i can learn!  

Casey Ogden · · Steamboat Springs, CO · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hi kevin, I live in town and have a homemade hangboard/pull-up bar/pipe bomb setup. I'd be down to let you use it. The climbing community in steamboat is pretty small, so the gym would really be your best bet, but you're right it's pricey. Let me know if you want to train!

Kevin O'Mally · · Philadelphia,pa · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

Hell yea!!!! I’ll be in between 2 linear strength phases...Im gunna be doing hit strip protocol stuff in Jan, Anderson bros in February was gunna use the trip to switch from one to the other but I’d definitely be down to get in some max hangs once or twice, thanks I appreciate it, if you want to text me or something my number is 2158693826 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Steam boat woody/training wall/Backcountry "
in the Colorado