Mountain Project Logo

Climbing partners needed

Original Post
Scott Cox · · broomfield, Co · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 390

I just recently moved to the North Denver metro and have had a hard time getting into the climbing community. I prefer avoiding crowds on the weekends to go to obscure crags and areas. By doing so I ha EA a shut myself off from the normal gym clear Creek Boulder canyon climbers. So I created A page called front range outdoor climbers on face book. If you ever need a partner or have questions I hope to make that the place for it. Thanks

Lucas O.K. · · Denver CO · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 0

umm....is your plan to make a public page and broadcast the obscure crags? Sounds like a recipe for crowding your fav crags. Genius!

Would you be so rude to my face friend. Because we can go climb tomorrow if you want!

Matt Shepard · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 90

So when are you looking to climb Scott?

MikeH · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 954

You really don't have to go far to get away from crowds here, even in Boulder. All you need to do his be willing to hike. Even in Eldo there are farther cliffs away from the hot spots. Also if you climb slightly off season like now most of the crowds have died down. The 80/20 rule applies here, 80% of climbers mob places like Canal Zone, Bastile, Wind Tower, Animal World, and other hot spots, and the human animal is habitual by nature so they will keep going back to the same list of places despite the fact they have not explored even 10% of the routes in the region.

I am looking to climb tomorrow, really digging the south Platte but am up for anywhere. Like I said new  so open to learn some new areas. I have a full rack also so going tall works too!

Mike I have noticed, I have just had a hard time finding people to venture out. I think I have been as far south as sugarite and as far north as vedauwoo. West to Moab I love to exploreand have tried to as much as possible since april! There's no point in climbing the same route more than once unless it's a warm up.

Matt Shepard · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 90

Scott I’m on a trip in the Red River Gorge but back soon. What is your availability like?

I try to climb every weekend. Enjoy the red, haven't been in a few years but I still remember how nice that military wall is on a crisp fall day.

Nick D'Hulster · · California · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 5

Hey I’m out here as well and can climb all the time. I mostly try to head to S.Platte and get on multipitch if that’s what you’re into. I’m really just desperate for solid partners during the week though so please hit me up! 9045538571

Chad German · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 0

You got me number, Scott.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Climbing partners needed"