Mountain Project Logo

Cat Ba Vietnam, Nov 14-15

Original Post
Olya O · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Hi there! I am planning to be on Cat Ba Nov 13-16 2017 (arrive late the 13th, depart early the 16th), which is to say, next week, and would like to climb the 14th and 15th, at least part of each day. I'm traveling on my own, so don't have a climbing partner. I do have my harness and shoes (and an ATC & carabiner) with me. I have been climbing since 2003 and am a safe and solid belayer (lead included, though I'm 120 lbs, so factor that in), but am not climbing my best (ankle issues last year). These days, I lead 5a/b comfortably; 5c it depends (5/7-5.9 in USian). I follow/toprope 6a (5.10) and up. If I'm feeling strong, I can lead up to 6a. Would love to find someone to climb with who's similarly inclined. Or I guess I can hire one of the guide services (in which case, recommendations welcome). But would be nice (& prob cheaper) to meet someone, too.

Michelle S. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0
Olya O wrote:

Hi there! I am planning to be on Cat Ba Nov 13-16 2017 (arrive late the 13th, depart early the 16th), which is to say, next week, and would like to climb the 14th and 15th, at least part of each day. I'm traveling on my own, so don't have a climbing partner. I do have my harness and shoes (and an ATC & carabiner) with me. I have been climbing since 2003 and am a safe and solid belayer (lead included, though I'm 120 lbs, so factor that in), but am not climbing my best (ankle issues last year). These days, I lead 5a/b comfortably; 5c it depends (5/7-5.9 in USian). I follow/toprope 6a (5.10) and up. If I'm feeling strong, I can lead up to 6a. Would love to find someone to climb with who's similarly inclined. Or I guess I can hire one of the guide services (in which case, recommendations welcome). But would be nice (& prob cheaper) to meet someone, too.

Hi Olya, I am in Hanoi, looking for a partner as well for Cat Ba! And I am also very light weight, so it can be perfect!

Please contact me through email: michalshemesh1@gmail.com

See you :)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Cat Ba Vietnam, Nov 14-15"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started