Mountain Project Logo

Organize pictures into "Approach", "Climb", "Descent" etc.

Original Post
Jeff Botimer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 1,058

I think it would be super helpful if the pictures for each route/area could be seperated into categories such as "Approach" vs "Route". That way, when you are trying to figure out how to get to a route, you can easily look up all the approach pictures.

Acmesalute76 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 66

I think this would add unnecessary clutter and extra menus to click through. Most routes only have a handful of pictures. 

Maybe so. But I was thinking more along the lines of 'tags' that you could then filter by. I agree it won't be of use for many smaller areas, but for larger areas like Red Rocks it could be quite helpful. If done in a subtle way.

Josh Lipko · · Charlotte · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 10
Jeff Botimer wrote:

Maybe so. But I was thinking more along the lines of 'tags' that you could then filter by. I agree it won't be of use for many smaller areas, but for larger areas like Red Rocks it could be quite helpful. If done in a subtle way.

There is a new approach guide coming out soon for Red Rock. I find the most recent version of the app to be pretty user unfriendly and for approaches where there are photos on MP, I am more inclined to screen shot them than use the app anyway.

Josh - Thanks for the info about the new approach guiding coming, I'll keep an eye out for it!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Organize pictures into "Approach", "Climb", "De…"