Mountain Project Logo

Photog

Original Post
JoshuaSee · · Stanley, Idaho · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Anyone know any forums like this where I can buy used camera gear?

Zach Dubs · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Fred Miranda Buy & Sell is the best in my opinion.  There are also some facebook groups, but they are generally camera brand specific, so it depends on what you are looking for specifically.

Rando Calrissian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 45

keh camera has used stuff all over it, can find film digital video the whole gamut. keh.com. also bhphotovideo has a used department as well, their prices are a little more. both keh and bh give scores on the equipment they sell so its a bit more reputable than a forum.

Mikey Schaefer · · Terrebonne, OR · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 245

I'd second the KEH recommendation.  I've purchased numerous lenses from them in the past.  Only had one problem that was just out of their warranty period but they still fixed it free of charge.  Definitely cost a bit more than other sources but it is a top notch outfit.

And if you are looking on the cheaper side I'd look at craigslist.  I've also sold a bunch of gear on there.  Probably hard if you aren't in a major metro area though.

Joe Cappiello · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 0

bhphotovideo.com has a pretty good used department too.  They test everything in house, so I've always felt confident trusting their ratings

Jason Kim · · Encinitas, CA · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 255

I have purchased several cameras and lenses off eBay with good results, including some higher end stuff.  If you do your research and limit your bids to clearly reputable sellers (established history, good description and photos of what they are selling, etc.) I think this is one of the best ways to find a deal on photography gear.

Skibo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 5

You can also try the manufacturers' sites for refurbished.  I've gotten some steals from Canon.  I've also had good luck with KEH and B&H.  Both come with warranties, and they've been checked out by their technicians.  And then there's Craigslist--buy local and you can check it out.  What are you looking for?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Photog"
in the Climbing Gear Discussion