Mountain Project Logo

Scrunched shoes?

Original Post
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 793

My new Miuras arrived with this deep crease in both shoes. Will this just go away with time, as the shoes are worn? I have stretched them out as best I can, by hand, and had them stuffed with newspaper, but the latter took too much to get in and out. Thanks! Helen

Luc-514 · · Montreal, Quebec · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 9,300

It's normal, I've had that with mine as well.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Could you push a tennis ball down there? Have you worn them around the house yet? (because maybe it's a non-issue if they feel OK)

Unemployed Astronaut · · Portland · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

My Miuras are over a year old and still do that, it's just how the shoe is designed. Google pictures of well worn miuras and you'll see they all look like that

Kevin Mokracek · · Burbank · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 275

The scrunch goes away when you put yer foot in it.  Are you displaying them when not in use?

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 195

Yeah, fairly normal.  I think a part of it is the weird lacing system in that area, and the fact that they’re leather.  You can try adjusting the laces, but if it’s not affecting the performance I wouldn’t worry about it.  Just be careful with them - the rubber is really thin in the rand and, with the downturn, it’s super easy to blow out the toe if you drag your feet and/or use them in the gym.  Shortest lasting shoe I’ve ever worn, but great performance.

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 793

Thanks, guys! It only bugs me now and then, when they do this while my tootsies are in 'em. I'll futz with the laces, and get another pair of something for the gym.

I bought these because they fit the best of everything I tried on. My feet are getting wonky now, so I'm not interested in foot torture.

They do climb nice, though! Wish I could do as well as the shoes, lol!

Best, Helen

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Scrunched shoes?"