Mountain Project Logo

Cams. Which ones?

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0
Phil Pullshard wrote:

Carrying heavy gear builds character

Say the boy scouts who carry full 60lb packs on 3 day trips and can barely make it 10 miles a day. Work smarter not harder. Ill take a light alloy biner over old fashion heavy steel one any day and apply that principle to all your gear and I'm guaranteed to have a better time 

And I'd like to see you climbing in the work boots they used years back before climbing shoes. And then tell me who gives a fuck and that Its about the climbing and not the gear. As if gear innovation hasn't opened doors or made our lives better... C'mon man...

Phil Pullshard · · Fort Collins, Colorado · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 95

What is Boys Club? Parents were too liberal for that, I'll climb in my hiking boots on 5.8 crack any day, but if I weren't carrying those awesome rock shoes my pack might be too light :) This thread is about cams if you'd like to discuss shoes, my nanna has brunch every Tuesday morning. 

I said boy scouts you sad individual...even your grammar sucks. I have no time for you... You make me sad to be a part of this

And I started this thread about cams so bring up shoes or slings or whatever else and ill oblige but don't waste my time with your antics. Seriously go elsewhere. 

Boys Club hahaha its a reference that went way over your head apparently, many levels to that joke. Continue on your path of staying the same while others become stronger.

Phil Pullshard wrote:

Boys Club hahaha its a reference that went way over your head apparently, many levels to that joke. Continue on your path of staying the same while others become stronger.

Dude I havent been on a wall before July and I send 5.10b lead now. I get after it 6 days outta the week outta dedication and hard work. You don't know shit about other people. Lets meet up and climb together and decide whose stronger...Just stop seriously. ... If I have to put that much thought or research into your over the top insult than jokes on you.

Not to mention I've sent multiple 5.11s so lets talk about stronger climber and falling behind broski

hahaha                                                Ha

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 205

This thread has turned amazing, it's not even humble brag territory.

Jimmy Downhillinthesnow · · Bozeman, Montana · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 10

Wang slaps!

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

The OP's account is no longer active.

Ah bummer... he was a nice guy. 

physnchips · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0
Phil Pullshard wrote:

Ah bummer... he was a nice guy. 

He was a rock prodigy, the dude went from sending 10b to 11s in a manner of minutes. That kind of progress is unheard of. I bet he developed a revolutionary climbing routine based on his extensive knowledge of outdoor backpacking that has since vaulted him to the top, guaranteed we'll see him in the news soon.

Warrior · · Rock City, GA · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 310
physnchips wrote:

He was a rock prodigy, the dude went from sending 10b to 11s in a manner of minutes. That kind of progress is unheard of. I bet he developed a revolutionary climbing routine based on his extensive knowledge of outdoor backpacking that has since vaulted him to the top, guaranteed we'll see him in the news soon.

Maybe he used the vaunted 4-Plan?

Although the more I look at the matter the more I suspect Sven Lavransen=Garth Miller (anyone remember him?) and the 4-Plan Flash was for real...

ebmudder · · Bronx, NY · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 50

He got booted before I could remind him that skinny slings wear out faster, but if you're carrying 40 slings I guess it doesn't matter.

Scottmx426 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

How’d he get booted?  I think the problem was he fell victim to the grenades being lobbed into this thread and lost his composure.  

ebmudder · · Bronx, NY · Joined Jul 2011 · Points: 50
Scottmx426 wrote:

How’d he get booted?  I think the problem was he fell victim to the grenades being lobbed into this thread and lost his composure.  

dunno if he got booted or deleted his own account, but upthread someone mentioned the account was inactive...I'm not sure what that means on MP.

Scottmx426 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0
ebmudder wrote:

dunno if he got booted or deleted his own account, but upthread someone mentioned the account was inactive...I'm not sure what that means on MP.

Yes I read that above. Thought there was previous history. 

amockalypsenow · · San Diego · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 715

I'm glad that so many peeps on MP are helpful and friendly- OP was posting aggro stuff everyday, and cast a long shadow. I think he was just a troll anyway.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply