Mountain Project Logo

Just moved to Santa Barbara, let's climb!

Original Post
SamWS · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Hey ya'll, I just moved to SB from Oregon and I'd love to get on some rock. I sport climb comfortably in the lower 5.10s, but I'm usually down to fall a little on something stouter. Currently working on obtaining a crash pad, but I'm very open to bouldering as well. I've only followed on trad a couple times, but I'm eager to learn if you're willing to teach.

I have basic sport climbing equipment -- rope, draws, slings, etc. I'm a very solid belay and happy to climb most anything with most anyone, given a good attitude and regard for safety.

For now, I'm available most times. Upwards!

Sean Kelley · · Westlake, California · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

PM me. Always down to climb. 

Julie Carlson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Messaged!

Emily ODean · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

PM'ed!

Alex Bury · · Ojai, CA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 1,948

I’m looking for partners for routes behind Ojai, but also SB. Drop me a note: 805.850.8364.

tshapiro1182 · · Carpinteria, CA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0

Also just moved to Carpinteria a few months ago and have been hoping to find some climbing partners. 

I'm in the process of getting my SPI and guide for the school where I work. I have tons of gear and am happy to lead (up to 5.9 trad / hard 10 sport) 

(781) 392 5012

Mike Calvert · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I'm road tripping back to Washington and will be passing through Santa Barbara (11/29-12/6) if any of you want to climb give me a call/text or message me! I climb most any style sport/trad/boulder/etc 

Mike 

(360)941-2741

Peter Rakowitz · · Portland, OR · Joined May 2010 · Points: 405

Anyone wanna climb tomorrow or Saturday?  I'm down for anything roped or boulder.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Just moved to Santa Barbara, let's climb!"
in the Southern California Partners