Mountain Project Logo

Video: Sasquatch Bouldering

Original Post
Kyle Love · · Redmond, WA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 1,252

My twin brother and I spent this summer making some Bouldering videos featuring PNW locations. Here is a link to our first video, Sasquatch Bouldering https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QXXVxkdTmU

Let us know what you think. We wanted to do something different, and not focus too much on any specific route or grades. Instead we made videos capturing the feeling of bouldering in these beautiful locations.

More videos to come. So stay tuned.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

Kyle, 

I don't boulder, but I enjoyed it. I liked the ground-level view of the stream, how you showed close-ups of the bouldering, then a different perspective from further away. Beautiful area. 

Jon Nelson · · Redmond, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 4,985

Nice job, Kyle. Thanks for posting it.

It give a nice feeling for the area. Low key video, but fun. What was happening with those gun shots? Do you know?

Also, I noticed though that the area is not listed here. If you have time, can you add the area? Your video could be posted on that page too. 

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 793

Yes, nice job, gents!

Keep up your work with filming. You have good eyes for it, a strong sense of storytelling, sound editing, and the music even fits nicely.

I particularly liked the full route at the end, alternating between the two of you. Nice spots, hustling up that ladder, too!

Best to both of you, Helen

Kyle Love · · Redmond, WA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 1,252
Jon Nelson wrote:

Nice job, Kyle. Thanks for posting it.

It give a nice feeling for the area. Low key video, but fun. What was happening with those gun shots? Do you know?

Also, I noticed though that the area is not listed here. If you have time, can you add the area? Your video could be posted on that page too. 

There was a guy with his dog shooting at trees. We told him the area had some decent traffic and he asked about other areas to go shooting, so we told him up river we have heard gun shots. He was respectful of us climbing and using the area, and although I was certainly spooked at first, after talking to him we were more than willing to let him keep firing rounds. Climbing with gunshots echoing off the valley is definitely a head-game challenge I hadn't experienced before! I'll see what I can do about adding the area to the site!

Mike Brady · · Van Diesel, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 668

Good job guys! That place is such a gem!

If you post the are you could pilfer the approach info from the book.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Video: Sasquatch Bouldering"