Mountain Project Logo

Books - Bishop Bouldering (2nd Edition), Missouri, California, Colorado, Training

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 70

I have a number of climbing books for sale. Shipping is included in the price. Buyer adds 3% for PayPal fees. I can meet in the Portland, OR area. I'm mainly looking to sell, but I'll entertain trades. Feel free to make an offer; the worst I can say is no. The books are all in good shape; I have just collected too many.

Missouri Guidebooks:

• Climber's Guide to the Midwest: Metamorphic Forms $12
  • Rock Climbs of Johnson Shut-ins SOLD
  • Missouri Limestone Select SOLD

• Colorado:
  • Bouldering: Rocky Mountain National Park & Mount Evans
  • $20

My parents just don't understand.

Bumpity bump bump

Melinda Russell · · Longmont · Joined May 2016 · Points: 10

Just curious, why is the Bishop Bouldering book $160? Is it normally like $200?? Seems outrageous, but I also don't know anything about those guidebooks. 

Alan Zhan · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 156
Melinda Russell wrote:

Just curious, why is the Bishop Bouldering book $160? Is it normally like $200?? Seems outrageous, but I also don't know anything about those guidebooks. 

That guidebook had been out of print 4 or 5 years, and was the only complete guidebook (the select came out more recently, but it omits a lot). Recently, the 3rd edition has come out. 

Nick B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 781

The select guide for Bishop is the 3rd edition Wolverine put out, but Charlie Barrett and Wills Young just put a new complete Bishop bouldering guide that is more up to date.  

https://www.flashpress.net/ 

Nick Bose wrote:

The select guide for Bishop is the 3rd edition Wolverine put out, but Charlie Barrett and Wills Young just put a new complete Bishop bouldering guide that is more up to date.  

https://www.flashpress.net/ 

Yeah, that's a way better deal. Good find!

Nick B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 781
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air wrote:

Yeah, that's a way better deal. Good find!

Don't get me wrong the white bible is still a iconic and valuable collectors item, its right up there with the Utah bouldering guide and the Joe's Valley guide. I wouldn't sell mine for 160, at the current rate I don't I could ever afford to get my hands on another one.  

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started