Mountain Project Logo

I'm looking for old cams to build a bar with

Original Post
grid bolting · · California · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0
  1. I'm looking for old cams ones that are jacked up preferably rigid stem cams but will take any jacked up cams I can get my hands on, if you donate you will always have a place to crash in Joshua Tree and I'll give you one hell of a tour. Plus then you'll be able to drink at one of the coolest bars in the backyard
Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,673

Cool idea! I've only been trad leading for a few months, so none of my gear is jacked up... but now you have me thinking of ways to "distress" new gear just so I can donate!

Are you planning to put them under tempered glass or plexiglas? What's the concept?

grid bolting · · California · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0

I will be using epoxy like the bartops with bottle cap but climbing gear instead of  bottle cap

· · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

grid bolting, sorry for the off topic question, but are you on Rabbit Peak in the profile picture?  That looks like Coyote Mountain and the Clark Valley in the background.  Is there actually a ridge around there worth roping up for?  I've been up that way several times and everything looks like it's ready to fall over.  Just curious what you guys were climbing if you don't mind sharing.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "I'm looking for old cams to build a bar with"