Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Frustration Creek beta

Original Post
Howard · · Costa Mesa, CA · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 2,414

Hi all,

Is there a guide besides what's on MP?  Also, somebody here mentioned a break in somewhat recently.  Know if that isn't a total one off?

Thanks.

Daniel T · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 35

There is a book (amazon link at the bottom of the post) for the San Bernardino Mountains, its quite pricey and out of print.  In the time Ive been going to Frusty the MP guide has been pretty spot on and been pretty darn helpful. I personally like this location much better than the Quarry.  Let me know if you want a partner for a session there at Frusty.

I was there a few times this summer with no issues in terms of vandalism.

https://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Treasures-Climbing-Bernardino-Mountains/dp/0972558500

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,249
Howard wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a guide besides what's on MP?  Also, somebody here mentioned a break in somewhat recently.  Know if that isn't a total one off?

Thanks.

As was said, MP has by far the most up to date info on Frusty.  I've never heard of or seen issues with break-ins, but it is certainly possible.

By Matt Janse

Nov 13, 2016

ALERT***Went to Frustration today 11/13/16. My wife and I were the first to show up followed by some local dudes, and one of their wives and a child, then a couple that looked about college age showed up. We were climbing middle tier right and the couple came up and climbed the same area. After a while We all rapped down and climbed some stuff on lower tier, then an hour later the couple said they were leaving as I was starting an ascent on Soul slab. Immediately they came back and said on my gosh our car is GONE and somebody's window is smashed out. Well long story short their car was stolen and one of the local dude's windows had been smashed out and stuff taken from the front seat. We felt fortunate that nothing happened to our car. Please be aware when climbing up there. Keep an eye out for anything suspicious. This happened right in that turnout on a Sunday with hundreds of vehicles passing by. What a shame.... : (

Daniel T · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 35
Howard wrote:

By Matt Janse

Nov 13, 2016

ALERT***Went to Frustration today 11/13/16. My wife and I were the first to show up followed by some local dudes, and one of their wives and a child, then a couple that looked about college age showed up. We were climbing middle tier right and the couple came up and climbed the same area. After a while We all rapped down and climbed some stuff on lower tier, then an hour later the couple said they were leaving as I was starting an ascent on Soul slab. Immediately they came back and said on my gosh our car is GONE and somebody's window is smashed out. Well long story short their car was stolen and one of the local dude's windows had been smashed out and stuff taken from the front seat. We felt fortunate that nothing happened to our car. Please be aware when climbing up there. Keep an eye out for anything suspicious. This happened right in that turnout on a Sunday with hundreds of vehicles passing by. What a shame.... : (

I don't mean to be a dick, but why would someone leave stuff on their seat in a parking turn out? This climbing spot is just outside of Mentone and you can tell by driving through the area its not the best area.  And cars get stolen in front of peoples houses all the time, it sucks but it happens.

Since we were on the topic I thought I may as well share with the community.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Frustration Creek beta"
in the Southern California