Mountain Project Logo

Smith Rock in the Rain

Original Post
Alicia Sokolowski · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,070

So, I'm going to be at Smith this rainy weekend, and I appreciate any advice on what would be reasonable to get on.  Going back in the archives, I found this from 2015:

Multiple routes in Cocaine and Aggro Gullies, some Picnic Lunch Wall routes, Christian Brothers has some good routes that stay dry.

Anyone have suggestions on what routes in these areas or even other areas not mentioned above?  I would appreciate any ideas.  I already booked a rental in Terrebonne, but I would be willing to eat the rental cost and consider other locales within a couple of hours of Portland airport if it would mean materially better climbing.

Thank you!

Ryan Bowen · · Bend, Or · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 85

Even though rain is in the forecast and most likely going to happen, Smith has it's own little weather bubble.  Just the other day, it was cloudy and shitty in bend and redmond, but there was one patch of sun.  And that was Smith.

I wouldn't lose hope yet.

Alicia Sokolowski · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,070
Ryan Bowen wrote:

Even though rain is in the forecast and most likely going to happen, Smith has it's own little weather bubble.  Just the other day, it was cloudy and shitty in bend and redmond, but there was one patch of sun.  And that was Smith.

I wouldn't lose hope yet.

I really hope you're right, but I'm looking at the forecast for the park itself. :(

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Smith Rock in the Rain"
in the Pacific Northwest