Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Forum Listing Order

Original Post
Noah Forsberg · · Branson, MO · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 15

I love the buy/sell community that MP has created! The For Sale forum is like a Craigslist solely dedicated to gear, which could save tons of time for rack-hoarders and gear-o-philes like myself. Something that would make it infinitely easier to use, would be a site feature (maybe just a drop-down menu )that would allow the user to organize the listings by LISTING date. Currently it re-organizes the listings according to the latest post/reply, which means every time someone asks what size a shoe is or comments to say they PMd the seller or asks if there are any biners left from a picked-over post from 3 weeks ago, it bumps that listing to the top; which isn't really that helpful if you are shopping for your dream cam set and a dirtbag harness that are hiding three pages back because people commented on things from last month and your cams were listed 80 replies ago YESTERDAY.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 3,429

Genius!  I'll add that to our list.  It might be really easy, which means it has a higher chance of happening than the 500 other things on our list.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Forum Listing Order"
in the Discuss MountainProject.com