Mountain Project Logo

Chattanooga/surrounding- until it's too cold- partners

Original Post
Rachael Elise · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Sport lead 5.9-5.10a or follow harder. But can have fun on easier, too! No trad experience. No multi pitch experience but would love to. Looking for indoor or outdoor, just got here as a traveling RN. Haven't signed up at the gym but willing.

Climbing for over 5 years but very inconsistent and therefore not all that strong due to having too many other hobbies BUT I'm safety conscious, knowledgeable and just like to have fun. AND i have a cute dog you can pet.

Here as a travel nurse until mid Jan. Would love to meet some other cool ladies, especially! :) But open to anyone. Holler!

waldo · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 30

My partner has recently moved and I am in search of someone to climb with on weekends. I am free most Sundays and Mondays. I have not yet experienced weather that is too cold to climb here in the south, too hot is something that I have found happens a lot in the summer but have not yet experienced too cold. I lead at about the same level as you, although lately I have been kinda chicken. I live just outside of Obed but try to get to chattanooga often. T wall in Chattanooga is one of my favorite places to climb. I am not a cool lady, I'm not even a cool guy lol but I love to climb and can give a soft catch and a hard catch if you want lol. 

Doug Kinsman · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Jun 2008 · Points: 0

I am looking to get out on Saturday, preferably at Sunset Park in Chatt as it will be too hot for TWall, plus its closed this weekend. Have been climbing for 15 years and just want to do some trad moderates. Let me know if you want to get out.

Kim Lyman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Hey is this the Rachael I met climbing at T Wall with the Bham group? (I'm the new/old nurse

Haha, no! Sorry!

Tyler Hutchinson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 575

I'm in Chatt for the weekend while my partner is at the Flash Foxy Festival. I'm down to lead or follow trad or sport until this coming Monday.

I'm at flash foxy too.. haha! But if you show up to the crags there will be more than enough girls to catch you! :) Enjoy the area!

Sleyer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 40

Hi Rachel. 

I will be down in Knoxville for work first week of December. Looking to climb dec 2-3. Any chance you're free? Sport leads 10s/low 11s but really just looking to go out for a fun time. 

Selena

Samuel Janis · · Kingston · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Rachel and everyone else on this thread, I’ll be in Chattanooga for about three weeks starting this Thursday and looking to get out pretty much everyday the weather is good. T wall or elsewhere. I’m a Gunks based Climber and lead trad (and sport) up to mid 11s. Happy to lead moderates too and try to follow just about anything else. 15 plus years of climbing and mountaineering exp, very safety conscious and super psyched to be out there. (Just quit my job and taking a sebatacle year). My climbing/life partner just headed back to NYC so I’m down here solo until the first week of December and looking for folks to climb with. Reply here or feel free to text if you wanna get out there anytime, starting this Thursday morn! 917 two eight four 2754 Cheers,

Sam

Spencer Perry · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 75

I am going to be in Chatt over thanksgiving with my very inexperienced family and we were going to try and get out for a couple of days.  If anyone was planning on climbing the Friday and Saturday after, I would love to try and meet up with some folks who would want to hop on some harder stuff.

Thomas Chapman · · Sewanee, Tennessee · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

I go to Sewanee University a short distance from Chatt. looking for someone to climb with from Dec 20 - 25th

Harry Netzer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 125

Looking for partner tomorrow (Monday). Lead 5.10 sport, also have double rack, rope, draws. Shoot me a message.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply