Mountain Project Logo

hometown beta on decent low grade multi pitch?fun?

Original Post
D Hyp · · Pennsyl-tucky · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 20

Hey y’all loved Utah in July so I booked another trip for this coming weekend months ago. Couple weeks ago had a bit of tumblr on old rag and dislocated my shoulder. Looking to get in some fun 5-easy (.5-.7)

Some advice from the awesome local fam would be so much appreciated! Love y’all n can’t wait to be back❤️

Anywhere within 6 hours of slc ta boot!

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
Doug Hyp wrote:

Hey y’all loved Utah in July so I booked another trip for this coming weekend months ago. Couple weeks ago had a bit of tumblr on old rag and dislocated my shoulder. Looking to get in some fun 5-easy (.5-.7)

Some advice from the awesome local fam would be so much appreciated! Love y’all n can’t wait to be back❤️

Anywhere within 6 hours of slc ta boot!

Check the weather. Boise mountains have snow, but it's supposed to go back up, then back down for temps. Northern Utah probably the same.

That said, City of Rocks has lots of stuff, with great exposure, if the temps are good!

Best, OLH

Brian in SLC · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Oct 2003 · Points: 21,746

Might be location dependent based on what the weather does...looks like the long term has some possible moisture in some locations in Utah next weekend?

St. George looks good.  If its sunny and hasn't rained, you could romp up Led by Sheep in Zion.  And hit some easy/moderate routes in the Utah Hills.

City of Rocks might be ok.  Will be cold at night and the days are gettin' a bit shorter, but, if its sunny and in the mid to upper 40's or more, very climbable if you avoid shady routes.

West Desert might be good to go.  'Tis the season for that place.

Chris Geaslin · · SLC, Utah · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 70

if you are based in SLC I'd check out Dogwood or the Slips in Big Cottonwood Canyon or Red Rocks (in draper). those are the easy even toprope accessible areas close to town.  if you're driving within 6 hours go get some desert in Moab and hang on Wallstreet its full of 5.funs and the fellow climbers around are super fun to hang out with and spend the day. temps in Moab were perfect last week. 

Also the West Slabs on mount Olympus right in SLC is the definition of 5.easy multi pitch but the top looks like its wet and maybe under a light blanket of snow. could melt off with a couple warm days. Maple canyon might be worth checking out two hours south. fun bolted multi's down there.

D Hyp · · Pennsyl-tucky · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 20

Thank you gents and old lady H! 

This is so much appreciated and I will definitely be doing my homework from here. I really love this Utah kinda nice. Reason number 37 to be on the revisit:) 

bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,516

How was it? If you were here last week you may have learned about the mob weekend known as UEA. It’s like spring break in the fall for all kids in Utah.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "hometown beta on decent low grade multi pitch?…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started