Mountain Project Logo

New Problems! Yosemite Bouldering

Original Post
Ryan Cazneaux · · South Lake Tahoe · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 20

After the massive rockfall on the east side of El Capitan I first mourned the loss of one of the members of our climbing community. My second thoughts were of the huge potential for new bouldering routes. How often does this opportunity arise? I'm sure there are hundreds of new quality lines out there waiting to be established. So has the craze already begun? Or will this be the start?

King Tut · · Citrus Heights · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 430
rcazneaux wrote:

After the massive rockfall on the east side of El Capitan I first mourned the loss of one of the members of our climbing community. My second thoughts were of the huge potential for new bouldering routes. How often does this opportunity arise? I'm sure there are hundreds of new quality lines out there waiting to be established. So has the craze already begun? Or will this be the start?

Dunno braj...thinking most people with brains are staying away from an active zone with chunks still raining down.

3/10

Ryan Cazneaux · · South Lake Tahoe · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 20
King Tut wrote:

Dunno braj...thinking most people with brains are staying away from an active zone with chunks still raining down.

3/10

"Well that's just like your opinion man"

Andrew Child · · Corvallis, Or · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 1,505

I wouldn't be surprised if none of the pieces from the rockfall are very big. Don't get your hopes up.

Seth Monteleone · · Charlotte, NC · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 51

Here is a picture of the scene where a victim was transported away after the rock fall.  It doesn't look like large chunks.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "New Problems! Yosemite Bouldering "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started