Mountain Project Logo

Spain Climbing Suggestions

Original Post
GregTheCanuck · · Salt Lake City · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

We are travelling to the Barcelona region Nov 19-27 this year and are looking to jump on some classic lines! Will have a car and are happy to drive down to Costa Blanca or into the Pyrenees to make the most of the experience. 

Looking for awesome unique sport lines on some tufas, or some great multi-pitch trad routes, and hopefully some remote alpine adventures! 

Any website or guidebook suggestions would also be awesome!!

juanito Hernandez · · Spain,Zaragoza · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 30

Try to eat a "Paella" and drink "sangría" and get fun!!

Jeremy Lubkin · · Worldwide Wanderer · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 5

The Penon is pretty cool. I stayed at the closest apartments to the rock for ~2mo last winter.  But mostly trad.  What grades are you looking at?  Its a decent trck from Barca.  Should be good time for Chulilla - ~45min from Valencia.  Endless cool climbing, including great tufas, for all grades.  I'd stick with that over going down to Costa Blanca unless you had more time.  If the weather is good in Siurana or Margalef you can't beat it. Might be wet tho, but it's hit or miss that time of year.  Pyrenees will be too cold then.    Each area has its own guidebook - some are by Rockfax which has online versions.  You can also use https://27crags.com/

Lucas · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 32

go climb fiesta de los biceps in riglos

GregTheCanuck · · Salt Lake City · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 5

Thanks everyone!
Looks like we will be sticking with easier grades as I have a pulley injury. 3 weeks to rehab it and master-plan this adventure! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Spain Climbing Suggestions"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started