Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

V0 - V3 Classics in Bishop, + Looking for V4 suggestions

Original Post
Allison Boyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 10

http://www.shedreamsofalpine.com/blog/2017/10/9/10-of-my-favorite-bouldering-problems-in-bishop-california-for-the-beginner-boulderer

I'm getting excited about Bishop Season again this year. Just went on my first trip of the 2017 season last weekend to work Solarium (V4), one of my projects. Anyways, just wanted to share a few of my favorite V0-V3 bouldering problems in Bishop, all challenging in their own right. 

I'm hoping to break the Bishop V4 range this season. Does anyone have suggestions of good/classic or favorite V4/V5 problems, besides Solarium  

Cheers.

Emma Ruppell · · Bishop, CA · Joined May 2009 · Points: 55

big chicke n sit start, maybe bleached bones. Maybe see ya out there

Alan Zhan · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 65

Nan bread is a good one! Didn't quite figure it out when I was trying it. 

All of the classic V4/5s in the buttermilks are definitely worth a few goes (Buttermilk Stem sit, Bowling pin, Flyboy arete, Leary-bard arete)

if you're looking for a sandbag, both of the Bachar problems feel reeeeaaally hard.

Rob Gordon · · Hollywood, CA · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 105

I agree with Monkey Dihedral, but there are A LOT of climbs in those grades that are IMO way, way better. 

Just one example would be The Pursuit of Wow is much more interesting than The Corner. 

Alex Lombardo · · Davis, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 115

Ketron Classic (V4) at the Happys is solid for the grade and a pretty great problem to boot. The Fang (V4) in the Sads is also very fun, and, in my opinion, quite a bit easier. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "V0 - V3 Classics in Bishop, + Looking for V4 su…"
in the Northern California