Mountain Project Logo

Mokule'ia Wall Oct 12-16

Original Post
Jan Tarculas · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 841

Going to Oahu to spend time with family next week. We got a beach house in North Shore by shark's cove. My wife is coming along. I want to do 2 half days (morning till lunch) of climbing, but I dont think she seems as thrilled as I am. Anyone might want to tag along or partner up with me? I lead 5.11 and will bring our own gear

I just checked the weather and almost everyday there’s chance of rain from Wednesday till past the weekend. If it’s low percent or even high percent, is the rain there usually all day or sprouts of rain like a lot of tropical islands? Does the crag dry up fast? 

I just want to know if it’s worth it for me to even bring my gear or just bring my shoes and boulder at the various beaches. Thanks 

20 kN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,346

If it did rain most likely it would be scattered rainfall. In most cases when it rains it does so for a few minutes, then passes, then comes back and on and off. Sometimes it's continuous, but less commonly. Hard to say until the day comes though. I wouldent put too much faith in the weather report. The rain on the north shore is very localized. It can rain all day in one spot and be clear all day only two miles down the road. The rock does dry quickly and if it does rain it usually dries out the same day. Looking at the report I think you would find some time to climb even if it does rain. It's not too likely that it would rain all day everyday on the north shore while you're here.

Alex Lloyd · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 30

I'm going to be on the island this weekend, too. I have gear and can bring a rack if necessary. Haven't done much limestone climbing, but I'm a middling .11 granite climber. Hit me up!

I’m heading there now. I’m about 16 miles away on the north shore. Hopefully the weather holds up

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hawaii
Post a Reply to "Mokule'ia Wall Oct 12-16"