Mountain Project Logo

Popping and tingling in wrist and fingers.

Original Post
Michael Gardner-Brown · · Springfield, MO · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Hey everyone,

So recently when Im pulling really hard on bad slopey holds that are more open handed, Ive had this strange popping in my wrist up through my middle and ring finger followed by a kind of tingling (similar to the sensation of hitting your funny bone) for just a moment. It doesn't hurt, just makes a weird pop and buzzing feeling that usually makes me come off the wall because it just freaks me out. Has anyone had this? Have suggestions? And should I be concerned?

Christina kalb · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 685

A friend of mine had similar symptoms and they were diagnosed as carpal tunnel syndrome (brought on by his job, but made worse by climbing).  He found that sleeping with braces on his wrists helped alleviate the symptoms.

Kyle Taylor · · Atlanta Ga · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

I would see a medical professional obviously, that being said, I would also look into a diet that offers a lot of anti-inflammatory properties. I have battled an on going knee issue with cycling for a while, I looked hard into diet and what foods do what since we ask a lot of our bodies, I've never felt better eating a clean mostly eastern diet. Stretching, yoga, diet, etc..

good luck, I wish you the best.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Popping and tingling in wrist and fingers."
in the Injuries and Accidents