For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

Looking for trad + multi-pitch partners! Santa Barbara / Ojai / LA

Original Post
Jill Agonias · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey everyone :) I recently learned how to lead trad in Yosemite and am looking for a partner to practice with. I’m new to the trad world, so it would be great to find someone patient, experienced, and willing to teach. I've got my eye on a few easy grade big walls, so multi-pitch practice would be awesome. 

In exchange, I’ll buy you your beverage of choice, crack you up with terrible dad jokes, and will stay positive and attentive while we’re out. I also teach yoga for climbers at Santa Barbara Rock Gym, so we can swap skills. ;)

Trad - 5.6 Lead; 5.10b/c Follow
Sport - 5.9/5.10a Lead; 5.10b/c Follow
Bouldering - V2 (haha) 

Based in Santa Barbara, but love traveling. Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks!
Jill 

Colleen · · Santa Barbara · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 20

Hey Jill! I just recently moved to Santa Barbara and attend UCSB. I've been dying to get out and have been looking for some climbing partners. I've been climbing outside for about a year now and before I went traveling this summer I was sport leading 5.8-5.10. I'm a lil rusty right now because I haven't been climbing as much but definitely want to start leading again and getting out as much as possible. I have all the gear for sport along with some trad. I also have a membership at the SB gym on State. HMU if you want to explore some routes in SB :)

Vania · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Hello Jill and Colleen,

I also recently moved to the UCSB area and I'm totally interested in getting out and leading with trad. I've mostly sport climbed (lead outdoors 11c) and bouldered. Jill, I pm'ed you a few weeks ago...don't know if you received my message. I have ropes, sport and trad gear.

Let me know if either of you are interested in going out to climb! I'm thinking about heading to J-Tree in November.

--Vania

Climbin Symon · · Ventura, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Black wall (sespe wall) back in Ojai has some fun multi pitch trad ~ 5.7 ish and some fun sport just past there up to .10’s. Let me know if anyone wants to get up there sometime. 

Patricia B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Jill, Colleen, Vania - I’m up in SLO and always try  to get to Yose as often as I can.. Including next weekend. Was also hoping to make it to J-Tree in November. Want to get a trip together? 

Vania · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Hey Patricia, I was thinking either Owens River Gorge or J-Tree for Thanksgiving. Would you be available during that time?

--Vania 

Hi Vania, 

Either one sounds good, I haven't made any firm plans yet. I should be available Thursday 11/23 - Sunday 11/26. Shoot me a message with your number!

Hi everyone! 

I'm so sorry for the delay. I must have had email notifications turned off and haven't checked back in ages. My apologies. 

Anyways, I'm still down to get together and climb! There's not much trad around us and it's too chilly for me in the Valley and surrounding areas at this time, but I'm up for a local(ish) adventure. Perhaps something like Echo Cliffs or Malibu Creek? I've stepped up my sport game a bit and can lead 10c/d and maybe a messy 11a/b. I have a sport rack, trad rack (for the future), ropes, etc., and am currently taking a self-rescue clinic. 

If you're still interested, please let me know! And I'll make sure to check back this time :) 

Thanks!

Jill 

tshapiro1182 · · Carpinteria, CA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0

Just moved to the area as well this summer (Carpinteria) and have been trying to find partners. I’ve been climbing for a long time and while I’m not all that strong, I’ve been guiding on the side for a few years and am happy to help out with anyone wanting to work new skills.

My girlfriend and I are planning an adventure west of LA (probably JTree or San Bernardino) from the 27th - Jan 2nd if anyone is looking for a place to spend New Year’s Eve (the more the merrier). Send me a PM if you’d like to join. 

Otherwise I’m down to climb just about any weekend this spring.

-Troy

Don B · · Gardena (South Bay) · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 20

I'm going to Echo Cliff Jan 3 with friends. Sent you a PM. 

Sones R · · Maine · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Hey there,

I'm staying with my sister in San Jose this week but dying to get out. I don't have a rack with me but can steal a car, can lead 10s if you supply the gear, and would love to check out the SLO climbing and warm weather (I'm coming from New Hampshire)

Send me a message on MP or text 978.204.9841. I think I'm free Sat-tues the 16th. Thanks!

Sonia

Sonia, just messaged you! 

Alex Bury · · Ojai, CA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 2,231

To any folks interested climbing in the Ojai area, feel free to reach out. SLO area too.

805-850-8364

Hey Alex! How's it looking in Ojai by Sespe? Was the Black Wall area burned in the fire? 

Joe Garibay · · Ventura, Ca · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 96
Jill Agonias wrote:

Hey Alex! How's it looking in Ojai by Sespe? Was the Black Wall area burned in the fire? 

Wheeler was burned. Blackwall is as gorgeous as ever

Sean Maher · · Santa Barbara, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 1,245

Hi all, I'm newish to Santa Barbara and into multipitch trad. Looking for partners to swing trad leads at local areas, Idyllwild, J-tree, etc... Especially interested in longer granite routes in the Sierra during summers, so if that interests you, feel free to get in touch!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Looking for trad + multi-pitch partners! Santa…"
in the Southern California Partners