Mountain Project Logo

New to Bend Looking for Partners

Original Post
Eric TheRed · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 10

I've recently moved to Bend and haven't found a steady climbing partner yet. I'm a student and available to climb weekdays or weekends.

I have a reasonably full rack (doubles of most cams), a sixty meter, and lead trad to 5.9 (on a good day) and sport to 5.11a and willing to thrash and hangdog harder stuff. More than happy to follow if you need a belayer; always looking to learn from other or better climbers and push myself. 

Cheers!

S T · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Hey! I am looking for a partner tomorrow (Monday 9/25) to climb. I am down for whatever. Trad lead 5.8 and Sport 10+ and a 5.15 belayer :) I am just staying at Skull Hollow and have my cell on me, text at 571 991 7648 if you wanna get out tomorrow. 

Andrew Daniel · · Bend, OR · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Eric, don't climb quite as hard as you but it looks like we have similar interests, I'm a safe belay and would love to improve this fall with a strong parter. Happy to climb sport and follow trad. Smith, Trout, etc. PM me if interested. I'm available most weekends and select weekdays. 

S Saunders · · Oakdale, CA · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 45

I hit Smith or Trout almost every weekend on a day trip from Salem.

greatly prefer trad, lead 10s. Usually hang out in the 9-10b range.

Plenty of gear and experience.

Looking for partner(s) this weekend 9/29 or 9/30.

Chris Burton · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5

Hey Eric, I'm new here also and haven't been able to find a consistent local partner either. I live in Bend and try to get out most weekends and during the week after 330. We can carpool. We climb comparably, though its been an off-season for me this year. I know smith pretty well (ive been coming out here for about 5 years) and haven't ventured up to trout just yet, but would be very stoked to. i have a reasonably full rack and all the necessities as well. 

The above goes for everyone in this post, above and below. I'm not particularly discriminating in terms of sport/trad, single/multi, experienced/inexperienced; just like getting out and hanging with new people. Generally I prefer trad, but not overly so.

Also, gym sessions at BRG are a thing id be interested in for the fast approaching colder months.

PM are seen and responded to or 2056030588.

Cheers to all

Northwest Corner · · Bend · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,505

Hi Eric, I moved to Bend about a year ago, and while I've found several great climbing partners, they all seem to prefer sport to trad, so I am also looking for some tradsters to climb with. I talked one of my partners into going to Trout a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to hit it again. There is also a lot of good trad climbing around Bend (I seem to find more every week) and of course Smith has some great trad as well. I'm also looking for some alpine partners for something besides snow slogs. I lead up to 5.11 in both sport and trad, and WI 4, M3 type stuff in the alpine realm. I'm easy going though and not hung up on grades at all. Easier or harder if fine. Anyway, hit me up if you want to get out and that goes for anyone else reading this.

Best, Keen

2tenttimmy · · bend, oregon · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 5

Hello all,

I live a bit south of town and would love to meet some new climbers in the area. I prefer trad as well but am not opposed to sport. I generally climb 10s and easier 11s but will try to follow harder. Have plenty of gear and just got a new rope! Look forward to meeting ya'll

Tim

Gunnar Johnson · · Underhill, VT · Joined May 2017 · Points: 86

Great thread, Eric or any other people looking for a partner on 10/8 or 10/9 (days off) let me know! Sport lead up to 9s generally and follow 10a, Trad just getting my feet under me so typically only lead 5.7 but can follow harder.

Terry Price · · Mancos CO · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 0

Looks like this has become an "I'm new to Bend/looking for partners" bulletin board.  I'll add my name.  Climbed trad since 1972 and still in the game leading up to 5.`10 at age 66.  Have all gear necessary.  If some who is "long in the tooth" is OK by U, give me a call or PM.  970 two five nine triple zero 2.

Lukasz Fidkowski · · Berkeley, CA · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 85

Hi Eric and everyone else, I just moved to Seattle a month ago.  I'm looking for a partner for Smith Rock Sunday Oct 22 (my wife and I will be in the area that weekend).  I've been climbing 12 years, climb 5.10 to 5.11 these days, have car, gear, etc.  lukasf@gmail.com.

Sam M · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 30

Hey guys, also just moved to bend. Im free thursdays and fridays all day. I have a regular partner who doesnt lead, so im mostly looking for someone who climbs harder than me. I lead mid 5.10 sport, 5.9 trad. Would love to hit up trout. 

Evan Smiley · · Moab · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 5

+1 new to bend looking for partners. double rack, rope, and plenty of stoke. I also want to get up into the mountains a bunch so anyone looking to get alpine, get at me. Also, anyone have a driveway or property I can drop my truck camper? "rent" and beer your way

Andrew Daniel · · Bend, OR · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

Hello all, excited about the potential for this thread! 

Late notice, anyone up for a few hours out tomorrow? I'm up for anything, don't mind belaying and trying your harder routes as I'm more of a moderate/cruiser guy on lead. Anyways let me know... 5Ofive-four5O-3fivezero8. 

Nick Cypress · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 10

Keen & Evan (and anyone else),
I'm also seeking alpine partners for some winter ascents. I used to guide on the South Side of Hood and Mazama route on Adams. I've soloed up the Reid Headwall and Wy'east routes hitting about AI3 solo. I'd love to climb Jefferson, Hood's North Gullies, Yocum Ridge, and/or Suart before the winter is over.

I'm also down for cragging and multipitch trad and sport when I'm not in the mountains. I live in Eugene.

Chris Burton · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 5

Anyone want to hit BRG on this rainey weekend?

Tonya Crawford · · Redway, CA · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 5

BenZH: I lived and climbed in Flag for many years, worked at Macys Coffeehouse for a long time in the 90s. Contact me, if you want while I'm there, we may know some of the same folks.

Gunnar Johnson · · Underhill, VT · Joined May 2017 · Points: 86

If anyone's around next Monday the 30th I've got a couple weeks left in town, hit me up! Would be down to lead or follow up to 5.10a/bish area sport

austin bd · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 146

To anyone in this thread: I'm looking for sport or trad partners for smith/trout creek, weekends and week days. Let me know! -Austin, 7077990994

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "New to Bend Looking for Partners"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started