Mountain Project Logo

Climbing survey

Original Post
Scott Phil · · NC · Joined May 2010 · Points: 245

It's Friday and you're stuck at work instead of climbing.  Why not take a couple of minutes to complete this climbing survey?

10 questions inspired in part by recent MP discussions. Topics covered include Belaying techniques, accidents, age, etc.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MMSFRFJ 

FYI, when you complete the survey you can see the total responses.

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 5

#4 asks for the "preferred" natural habitat. But it allows multiple selections. Do you want people to select anything and everything or do you actually want their favorite type of climbing to be selected?

Jesse D.I. · · Hyderabad, TN · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 516

After more people respond, will there be a way to come back and see the results? Or will you post them?

Ryan, yes, please list the types your prefer.

Jesse, yes, I will be collating the responses and posting them here.

Thanks to all of you who have responded thus far.

Gummy · · Akron, OH · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 1,140

Nice survey, what is the end goal for the information? 

Dylan B. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 521

Wish there was a question about how frequently climbers practice self-rescues and other advanced techniques.

Thanks, Gummy! Glad you like it. This is my first survey of this sort--which I did primarily to satisfy my own curiosity about some of the questions raised on MP.

Survey Monkey allows only 10 questions on their free version. I am considering some future surveys on topics such as gear, dogs, climber communication, other sports climbers play, etc. 

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far

Regretfully, we've already reached the maximum number of responses. I knew that Survey Monkey limited the number of questions in the free version. Sadly they also limit the total number of responses.

I checked into upgrading to the paid service, but $300 a year for their cheapest service still seems a bit steep.

I'll post the results later this weekend.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Climbing survey"