Mountain Project Logo

Is there a way to roll back to the previous version?

Original Post
Dan Africk · · Brooklyn, New York · Joined May 2014 · Points: 275

Perhaps the new version will be improved, or I'll get used to it, but for now I find it horrendous and unusable. Navigation within the app is so tedious and unintuitive I will probably not use it at all, if anything I will just use the web version from my phone browser.

Does anyone know where I can find the most recent 'old' (non-shitty) version of the app .apk file, so I can delete this monstrosity and revert to the old version?

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Dan Africk wrote:

Perhaps the new version will be improved, or I'll get used to it, but for now I find it horrendous and unusable. Navigation within the app is so tedious and unintuitive I will probably not use it at all, if anything I will just use the web version from my phone browser.

Does anyone know where I can find the most recent 'old' (non-shitty) version of the app .apk file, so I can delete this monstrosity and revert to the old version?

I wonder if any user centered design approaches were used in creation of the new app. Any formative usability studies? Even just a heuristic evaluation or perhaps a cognitive walkthrough? 

I'm happy to offer my UX/UI consulting services to MP....

Forever Outside · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 270

WE ALL WISH!  the new app is trash IMO

Stephen Lander · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 12

I'll be devil's advocate; I like the new app. I don't see how it's unintuitive, and the new maps with the collapse/expand markers are so much better than the overlapping blue circles of old.

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Stephen Lander wrote:

I don't see how it's unintuitive, 

There's another thread or 3 with additional UX problems mentioned, but by far the biggest two:

1. It's not that it's unintuitive (but could be easier) to navigate to a specific crag, the huge usability problem is to see a different crag at an area requires you to start over. That hitting 'back' does this as well is the highly broken bit.

2. the decision to download only entire states and not specific areas.

Matt Racicot · · Durango · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 10

My biggest point of contention is how you cannot remain zoomed into a picture, and as soon as you release your fingers it expands to normal size

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Is there a way to roll back to the previous ver…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started