Ice partner

Original Post
Dan Barry · · Rock Springs, WY · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 175

Is it too early to be talking about ice climbing? Looking for people who want to get out regularly on the weekends. I have a partner but he can usually only get away for a couple weekends a season or for a few hours on a Saturday. Looking to go wherever there is ice. I would really like to check out the Uintas, and spend some time up in Cody this year. I have one season under my belt so I'm not up to leading yet but I have my own tools, crampons and boots. I can provide a solid belay, retrieve screws following, suffer gladly and also drink beer with you. Shoot me a text or message me on here if you are interested! 3zero2-Three5Four-83One6.  I'm in SW Wyoming 

andyedwards · · Jackson, WY · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 205

I'm thinking about ice too. I've led a bunch of 2+, some WI 3. Hoping to lead more this winter, easy first, then tougher. 

Down to TR harder stuff too. Have a good number of screws. 

3 day weekends, Thu-Sat. Willing to drive.

I'm in Jackson.

Andy

Chiatt Hiatt · · Bozeman, Mt · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 85

I'm in Bozeman, and I'm willing to travel.  I have gear, I'll lead 5's, and I don't mind an early start or long approach. I'm happy lapping 4's all day, teaching a bit, or whimpering up a nasty pillar.  I have Thursday to Sunday off most weeks.  Hit me up if you're headed to Bozeman or need a partner on something fun!

I'm hoping to get on early season ice in the Beartooths, Madison Range, and obscure/fickle Hyalite stuff.  I'm always up for a Cody trip too.

-Chad

406-548-8647 

Paul Morrison · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 0

Thinking about ice? No; I've already thought about it, and I have a cabin in Hyalite Canyon booked for January 8-13, and need partners for any or all of those days. I'd like to go to Cody sometime in February, too.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply