Mountain Project Logo

Crag baby at Shelf partners?

Original Post
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

I've always wanted someone to start a rant on MP about how I've ruined their day. I'm working on it. 

I'd like to take my crag baby and my crag dog dog and drive them to Shelf in my Subaru and climb. Seriously. 

He's a month old. I'd like to start taking him out this fall. Hoping to get in with a group of three or more. At this point I'm more interested in a good day out and less concerned with what or how many routes I climb. I do have one really awesome local couple for this but I'd like to expand that a little.

I live in Pueblo and you probably don't. That means that I'm a day trip away and won't be carpooling. The nice thing about that is that since I'll be joining your group, I can pack up and leave if I have to and y'all can keep climbing.

My wife and I are going to alternate working 3 day schedules to avoid childcare, so this pretty much means one of will always be free. Only occasionally will be both be free on the same day though. Weekdays are the best.

We're both very experienced and safe with a mountain of gear. Neither climbing as well as we'd like for obvious and less obvious reasons. Can certainly lead 10's all day, should be back into the upper 11's and 12-'s by late fall if we can find partners.

So hit me up. We'll make plans.

Matt Shepard · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 90

My wife and I have a 9 month old and she was at Shelf last spring while she was about a month old. We're always interested in meeting up with other couples still trying to get out with their kids. I'll send you a PM and anyone else who is interested in something similar feel free to PM me too.

John Barritt · · OKC · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 1,053

My entrepreneurial nature sees an opportunity here. "Crag babies outdoor day care" coming soon to a crag near you. For $100 per hr. (per kid, limit 10 kids) an aging climber will watch your kid at the crag while you climb........... ;) 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Crag baby at Shelf partners?"
in the Colorado Partners