Mountain Project Logo

2017 Great American Eclipse from the Summit of Fremont Peak

Original Post
Boots Ylectric · · Chicago IL · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 165

I headed to the Wind River Range for a week to view the Eclipse from a summit.  I shot some pictures and video along the way.  It ended up being the most inspirational trip of my life.  I'm actually looking into other trips to view eclipses from other remote peaks.  

https://youtu.be/ca4g7W9qND4

S2k 4life · · Abingdon, MD · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 111

Not gunna lie, jealous, I had to work, up on top vail mountain though not bad we were like 90 percent totality . Did not get that dark either

Jen Saito · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Eclipse to die for! The scenery is ideal. Yeah, jealous, and wanna pack up right away and just head over to that mountains and watch such a beautiful eclipse with my own eyes.

Thanks for the inspiration!

BTW, nice music in the video.  

Boots Ylectric · · Chicago IL · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 165
Jen Saito wrote:

Eclipse to die for! The scenery is ideal. Yeah, jealous, and wanna pack up right away and just head over to that mountains and watch such a beautiful eclipse with my own eyes.

Thanks for the inspiration!

BTW, nice music in the video.  

It truly was.  We couldn't have had a better setting or weather for this.  Definitely lucked out on this one.  If you've never visited the Winds I'd highly encourage it.

The music is a local Chicago Band.  Definitely check them out, they have some super rad tunes.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "2017 Great American Eclipse from the Summit of…"
in the Climbing Photos & Videos