For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

Annapurna Circuit Trail

Original Post
mike olsen · · Clarksville, TN · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 5

I'm headed to Nepal this Spring to hike the ACT. Anyone have any advise or reviews? Thanks!

TaylorP · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Hey I did it in April/ May of 2016. I downloaded a guidebook (can't remember the name) but it had information for the NATT trails. These are the newer trails that avoid the cappy dirt road where you will be breathing dust and jeep exhaust. It often takes you much longer, but it had awesome views and felt pretty untouched by most hikers. We didn't use a sherpa but felt a bit of pressure from locals because we weren't providing a job for someone. Super easy to find housing, just walk into the next village and you can negotiate housing for 100 or 200 (Nepali) a night. Which is like a dollar. I even managed to stay for free if I promised to eat meals at the house. We hiked counter clockwise and it was really enjoyable. I would recommended starting the hike and not taking a jeep too high up the road. Saw lots of hikers get altitude sickness because they tried to shortcut. Let me know if you have any specific questions and maybe I can help you out

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Annapurna Circuit Trail"
in the International