Mountain Project Logo

Free smoothie from enthused newbie (Acadia)

Original Post
Molly Finch · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Me: 26, F, fun, in Bar Harbor thru mid-October. Relatively inexperienced (2 months) but extremely stoked. Strong spirit, wimpy joints (frequent dislocations, but will laugh through my tears and keep climbing). Follows 5.5-5.7 trad. Has all basic gear + park pass, lacks rope. Works at a juice bar, will trade smoothies for climbs. Free most Tuesdays, Thursdays thru Saturdays, and evenings. Aspiring dirtbag (but cleans up nice). 

You: Patient, safe, experienced leading trad, good-humored. Will help me with anchor-building/gear placing/crack climbing skills in exchange for snacks.

MojoMonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 68

Beats a beer offer in my opinion, good luck!

tdoughtyjr · · Springdale, UT · Joined May 2010 · Points: 5

Molly, I'm here thru the end of Oct. Turn 60 (?!!) next week and been climbing since I was a teen ( though not much the last couple years; more peak bagging and Canyoneering). My wife is working in the Schoodic portion of the park and I'm free most days to play. I've got plenty of gear, (& a new pair of slippers) and I'm interested in scaling some of the Park's easier routes. BTW, my daughter flys in from OR on Fri and we'll probably climb on Saturday. You're welcome to join us.

Ted

tdoughtyjr at gee mail dot com

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply