Mountain Project Logo

Partner for Moderate Stuff Around Tahoe or Tuolumne this Weekend

Original Post
Frank LaForge · · Incline Village, NV · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 20

I'd love to get out on some 5.6-5.9 trad. Lover's Leap and Donner are great. I'm also interested in the Phantom Spires and Sugarloaf areas.  I'd also be super stoked to climb Cathedral (or loads of other climbs) in Tuolumne. And I'd consider an Eastside alpine mission. (There's just a lot of stuff I wanna climb.) I could probably climb for a few hours Friday after work as well.

By Lover's Leap standards, I'm a 5.6 leader ready to try easier 5.7 leading and a 5.8 follower ready to break into 5.9 following. I have gear, slightly above-average hygiene, and a family, the latter of which would be terribly sad if I died climbing. So I try to be safe.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Great post, especially the last two sentences. Hope you find someone, Frank.

Frank

Thanks . . . Frank. I confess that I may have overstated my merely average hygiene. 

Still looking for takers . . . .

Jsand Sanders · · Cali · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 10

Hi Frank I'm looking to climb outside this weekend, and I'm climbing same grade. I've lead parts couple of classic 7s at leap, would be down for donner as well. I'm considering tuolumne but I've never been so not sure what I could lead comfortably. Let me know if interested Jennifer 7703540537

Hi Jennifer. Will call this afternoon!

climbing coastie · · Wasilla, AK · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 95

I'll be in the Tahoe/Tuolumne area for the rest of the month. Very familiar with the areas and all the moderates. Let me know if anyone wants to climb. 

bmdhacks · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 1,633

I'm also looking for a Tuolumne/Valley partner for moderates if anyone is still free.  Lead 5.9ish, follow 5.10 but happy to romp on easier stuff.

sadie skiles · · San Francisco California · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 206

Hey everyone! Im in the valley now through monday and looking for someone to climb with. Im not new to climbing or trad, but am solidly a moderate climber. I lead 5.7 or 5.8, can follow harder. My favorites are long moderate alpine routes, or just fun long multipitch. Im looking to get better at crack climbing, suck at off width, have learned to aid climb on bolt ladders but not done a big wall yet. In theory im interested in grading up so id be down for top roping 5.9 or harder too. I have a 70m rope, draws, only the very beginings of my own trad rack, and a car. Wilderness first responder, safe and experienced at my grade. 

No campsite reservation, planning to crash in my RTT outside Tuolumne or El portal.

Text me if you want to climb! 9705564737

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Partner for Moderate Stuff Around Tahoe or Tuol…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started