Travel Nurses looking for climbing buddies while in Vegas for a work conference! Sept 13-16th

Original Post
AliciaC · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 30

Hey there fellow climbers. I am a travel nurse coming to Vegas for a work conference but have a few days to climb before the conference starts. I fly into Vegas from Seattle the morning of the 13th and planning to drive straight to Red Rocks from the airport and camp at the Red Rock campground for a few days. A friend (and fellow travel nurse climber) is flying in the evening of the 13th as well, both of us love climbing but neither of us are strong lead climbers. I do have sport lead experience and am a strong lead belayer. I've followed up several big multipitch trad routes as well. I just haven't climbed as much as usual lately so I don't know if I trust my leading skills right now.  I am planning on bringing my 60m rope, draws, and some trad gear (I have a partial rack, started buying gear to practice with on the ground since I haven't actually lead trad yet, but I'm learning!). We are looking for climbing buddies who would want to lead some easier routes for us to follow, and I can definitely also belay you on harder routes (just couldn't clean the harder ones!). Alternatively, if someone here wants to lead up some classic easy trad multis and let us belay/follow you, I'm down. Last year I followed Cat in the Hat at Red Rocks (5.6) and most recently I followed Skywalker in Squamish,BC (5.8). I've also followed up some trad multis in Yosemite, Eldorado Canyon, Joshua Tree, Cochise Stronghold, and Smith Rock, among other places :) Let me know if you are interested in joining us for some fun times at Red Rocks later this week! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply