Mountain Project Logo

Mountaineering Boots for a Small Foot!

Original Post
Hannah-Grace Kelley · · denver, co · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hello all - 

I am reaching out because I am desperate! I am attempting Aconcagua in late December/early January. I have been advised to use a double boot for this. However, not many double boots for mountaineering are made for women with small feet. I wear a size 5.5 in women's. I can sometimes wear a 6 with thick socks. But there are not many options even in a women's size 6. Any advice?! 

Brian Abram · · Celo, NC · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 495

Bentgate has Sportiva's G2 SM in a 37 (women's size 6) in stock: http://www.bentgate.com/la-sportiva-g2-sm-boot/

I do not have an opinion on how appropriate they might be

fuck you · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

have you tried any boots on yet?  i ended up buying my mountaineering boots a size bigger...and remember, your feet will swell and you do not want them to be snug...at all.  also, make sure you spend some time moving in them before you trip...welcome to the feeling of walking in lead blocks!!  good luck

also, bent gate does not have women on staff....i would highly suggest going to neptunes!!  i tried to buy boots @ bent gate and they were pretty clueless/stood there staring at me like i was an alien....

James Sparks · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

You can also try the La Sportiva retail store in Boulder.  It adjoins their US warehouse so will have as good a selection as you're likely to find.

JimS

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply