For next few days, REI will DOUBLE your gift to the Access Fund - up to $65,000. Donate Now!
Mountain Project Logo

Big cottonwood canyon

Original Post
Kevin Shoemaker · · My van · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Sup gonna be in big cottonwood canyon for atleast a couple days and need a climbing partner. I love trad climbing and im hoping to get on some .9-.11c cracks. 

BrokenChairs BrettC · · Sultan, WA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 235
Kevin Shoemaker wrote:

Sup gonna be in big cottonwood canyon for atleast a couple days and need a climbing partner. I love trad climbing and im hoping to get on some .9-.11c cracks. 

You should head to the next canyon south for trad climbing. 

Is there free camping and people there? Whats the name of the canyon?

Kevin Shoemaker wrote:

Is there free camping and people there? Whats the name of the canyon?

Free camping is not going to be an option in SLC.  (That I know of) maybe someone else will chime in. I think you can park at Smith's for 24 hours if you're in your van. I lived in the valley so I am not a good resource on camping. There's one just down the road from Little Cottonwood Canyon (The name of the canyon).  https://www.mountainproject.com/v/little-cottonwood-canyon/105739277

Well dang, thanks for the info. If your in the utah area a need a patner let me know.

Unfortunately I won't be in the area. I moved from there a few months ago. If you make your way to the PNW feel free to hit me up.

SLC has a great community though if you post that you're looking for a partner in LCC you should have no problem finding someone.  Good luck enjoy. 

Cool im from pnw ill b in touch sometime this fall.. thanks again!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Big cottonwood canyon"
in the Northern Utah & Idaho