Red Rocks Saturday and/or Sunday October 21-22, 2017

Original Post
Danielle Aronson · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 10

Hi. Looking for a leader to second/follow at Red Rocks Saturday and/or Sunday October 21-22, 2017. I'll be in Vegas for a conference earlier in the week and would love to tack on some climbing, but have not climbed at Red Rocks before. Anyone local/familiar with the climbs willing to lead 5.8-5.10 routes? I am a safety fanatic and highly competent lead belayer, but don't have the head for lead climbing. Let me know if you're interested/available and cool with that. Cheers!

Danielle

B G · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Danielle

I will be around on those dates. I am heading out there from the UK for a couple of weeks.

Am also very safety focused so would prefer only to climb sport routes if that's ok with you?

I am looking to climb up to 5.12a but if we're climbing single pitch sport then I don't think that grade difference should matter.

If we want to climb multi-pitch then we can drop to a grade that is comfortable for both of us.

DJ DiDonna · · cambridge, ma · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Hi folks, I'll be in town for a conference too but skipping out Thursday to climb. Let me know if you'd like to climb!

Sherri Lewis · · Sequim, WA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 240

I'd love to get in some sport climbing on Saturday and/or Sunday, if that's of interest to you.  I have rope, draws, etc and am happy to lead into the .10's.

Danielle Aronson · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 10

Thanks for all of your replies and interest. I have a plan in place, but if anything changes, I will be in touch ASAP. Be safe and have fun out there! Cheers!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply