Mountain Project Logo

Wifi on Tonsai or Railay Beach

Original Post
Emily Craft · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Hello!  I'd really like to book tix to Krabi but I need to do a little more advanced planning this time around. Has anyone been to either Tonsai or Railay recently?  The last time I spent any time there was about 10 yrs ago when we'd just catch up on our email every few days at one of the resort computer stations.  This time around I need to work on rest days from my lap top.  Does anyone have any experience with the wifi reliability, which resorts, if it's available when the generators are off (is that a thing anymore?) and any other advice from recent experience..?  I don't mind staying on Railay this time (have always stayed on Tonsai in the past) for the sake of reliability. I realllly don't want to mess up this job I landed where I can work virtually by not showing up due to no internet access!  Thanks so much in advance! 

BryanOC · · All over · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

Was there december 2015 and 2016.  Wifi is EVERYWHERE.  I never experienced a "brown out" on power on either trip.  However, I stayed in Railay both times.  Accommodations on Tonsai are a little more basic compared to  Railay.  

Derick L · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 235

Was just in Railay for almost a week this past December. Almost all resorts had wifi - never at any point felt "disconnected". Railay would definitely have more options and Sunrise Tropical on Railay East is a great option. PM me if you want more info!

Spacey Hall · · Burque, Land of Enchossment · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

My wife and I were on Tonsai this last December. We stayed at Tonsai Bay Resort and never had an issue with WiFi, plus you watch people climb while you eat breakfast.

Jon Frisby · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 100

I believe the Wifi in some Tonsai places goes out during the middle of the day when they shut the generators off, just for a couple hours though

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Wifi on Tonsai or Railay Beach"
in the International