New climbing partner Boise area

Original Post
Mike Kruse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Looking for a new climbing partner or group to climb with in the Boise area, like to head to the Pins and Needles area on the weekends and looking to explore new rock aside from the Black Cliffs and Mores mountain, can lead mid .10s on bolts, not much trad experience but eager to learn! Climb on!!

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 265

Pm if you don't get responses, and I'll forward you to my son, if you wish. He's a bit ahead of you and always open to new partners. I'm happy to climb with new folks also, but I am as advertised, no body's rope gun, yet.

We've only climbed on one of the pins (I added it on here), but found it more of a challenge than expected. Where we were, the rock was not only sharp, but the patina was such that there were a great many ways to get the rope hung up.

Both of those made rope management interesting, and we both felt falls would be potential rope cutting events. 5.9-10 climbers could have a lot of fun, but the low rated routes are not for beginners, even though the climbing is fairly easy.

Best, OLH

M Parent · · Boise · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Mike, climbed most of the routes at pins and needles. Heading to city on Sunday 27 for a day trip. Let me know early am if you would like to go. Mark

kevinhansen · · Albion Idaho · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 130

I too just moved to the Boise area a month ago and need someone to get out with. I have never been to the Needles or the Pins and would love to go. I've been sport climbing since 1995 and trad climbing since 2000. Ice climbing since 2002 and Big Wall climbing from 2007 to 2011. Please call me. (two ho ate) three won too 8062. I'm a little out of shape but I may surprise you.

Katie Dilts · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hello! I just moved to Boise this week and I am also looking for climbing buddies.

Message me if you ever wanna go out! I've got the gear and ropes, I'm happy to lead or follow:)

(I posted on the FB page as well, so message me there if that's easier?)

I have some great partners, but with schedules, it just isn't happening.

So, I'm looking for more folks to climb with, if you can add me in! 

Some of you have my contact info already, let me know if you want to make it happen.

Thanks! Helen

Todd Tumolo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

New to town and trying to get out climbing. New to the whole mountain project/climbing partner scene so unsure of the best approach here. Experienced climber with rope and rack. 

Todd Tumolo wrote:

New to town and trying to get out climbing. New to the whole mountain project/climbing partner scene so unsure of the best approach here. Experienced climber with rope and rack. 

Welcome to Boise, and MP too!

You can hope someone will reply on here, will reply by personal message to you (email), or you can contact anyone who interests you.

If you fill out your page a little, then that let's folks know a bit more about you and your abilities.

There's also a partner finder box to click. You can search the partner finder by zip and hit up random strangers, but I don't know if anyone ever does that.

That said, I'm as advertised, if you're interested...

Best, Helen

Todd Tumolo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Helen, thanks for the reply and information! Very friendly and helpful. I will work on updating my information etc. I will be in touch at some point or see you out there climbing!

Mason Stone · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Todd,

Go to UA, there is always a crowd around 5 until 9ish, you can meet the regulars who are open to new partners or meet people who are exploring climbing, don't be afraid to just walk up to someone who has a harness on and is looking at the walls, what I have found is most are willing to climb with you. 

M

People can also make the effort to actually follow through and make it happen.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of asking...

If you are a kindly person who wants to climb, get with the program, get to it, and make it happen.

I have to work 12-4, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, other than that I can usually work it out. I don't have a car, so I will need to beg a ride to outside stuff. Gyms, I can get to and I'm willing to climb there if time, wants, or weather dictates.

I'm no rope gun, but solid, conscientious, and actually care to cheer you on and celebrate your accomplishments, however small they are.

I'm also willing to belay you on your project, and will be stoked when you nail it.

If that fits what you are looking for, and you are serious about it, please contact me.

Thanks to Katie, at least. See you Wednesday!

Best, Helen

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply