Mountain Project Logo

STOLEN: Development gear stash in TEN SLEEP, WY

Original Post
AlexGreen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 425

Some time between 830pm on August 23 and 1030am this morning (August 24), my gear stash in Ten Sleep Canyon was raided (old road, lower canyon).

Missing:

2x Bosch 36V drills with 3 batteries (one drill and battery initialed in sharpie AG and the other SW)

~30 glue-in wave bolts + a tube or two of Red Head A7 epoxy and a dozen or so 3/8" bolts and hangers

Yates Shield big wall harness with various dev/cleaning tools hanging on it (ascender, slings, etc)

Various cams, nuts, etc.

Please keep your eyes peeled and reply with any pertinent information. Reward for return of said equipment as well.

Nick Stayner · · Wymont Kingdom · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 2,295

Shitty deal, I will keep my ears open especially here in Billings. Was your stuff locked in a car? Did the perpetrator(s) break a lock to get to it? 

Nick Stayner wrote:

Shitty deal, I will keep my ears open especially here in Billings. Was your stuff locked in a car? Did the perpetrator(s) break a lock to get to it? 

Thanks, Nick. It was not locked, it was in a tote stashed at the base of the wall we are developing (new area, virtually untrafficked). The tote did not have a lock.

It's worth mentioning as well that some of the gear (a set of DMM offset nuts, a handful of C4s and some of the biners) is marked with striped black and white tape.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "STOLEN: Development gear stash in TEN SLEEP, WY"
in the Lost and Found