Mountain Project Logo

Deep water soloing/ sport guide beta Sardinia

Original Post
Lisa Haze · · Brooklyn,ny · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 40

Hi all! I'll be in San teodoro. Was wondering if anyone knew the desk spots near there. I think we'll be renting a.boat one of the days so any secret spots accessible by boat would be appreciated. Also any companies that offer guide services in case I can't find a partner

Nick Votto · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320

There's not much documented DWS in Sardegna, but the potential is certainly there......I checked out some incredible spots about 100-200 meters north of Cala Luna (you'd have to drive to Cala Gonone and rent a boat there to explore these), there's SOOOO much rock going into the water it's crazy.

Also, you should google "arrampicata sardegna" and you'll find some direction to guides

Thanks for the info nick!

Walter Galli · · Las vegas · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 2,267

Yes man you are about hitting a lot of water over there,, awsome deep solos in Sardegna arrampicata...I'm Italian I've been there many times.

Walter Galli wrote:

Yes man you are about hitting a lot of water over there,, awsome deep solos in Sardegna arrampicata...I'm Italian I've been there many times.

Ill be there Sept 2-10  maybe longer  Will you be in the area around those times?

Dustin B · · Steamboat · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 1,195

Pietra di luna by M. Oviglia Sport climbs is a good guidebook for the area but no DWS. I will second NV's recommendation on boat rentals from Cala Gonone, if not just for the opportunity to DWS, then just to see the coastline on your own boat and swim in the clearest blue waters you could imagine.

Dustin B wrote:

Pietra di luna by M. Oviglia Sport climbs is a good guidebook for the area but no DWS. I will second NV's recommendation on boat rentals from Cala Gonone, if not just for the opportunity to DWS, then just to see the coastline on your own boat and swim in the clearest blue waters you could imagine.

Thanks yeah we plan on renting one. Gonna convince my non climbing friends to dws haha this should be fun!

Lisa Haze wrote:

Thanks yeah we plan on renting one. Gonna convince my non climbing friends to dws haha this should be fun!

That cave you see in my pictures is about a 5 minute swim from the northern-most part of the Cala Luna beach, it's pretty awesome.  

Bring a dry bag if you can.  You can take a little ferry to Cala Luna from Cala Gonone, sport climb on the beach, and then swim over to the cave to explore.  

Also I was looking g for guide services not guide book if anyone has recommendations. Doesn't look like I'll be able to find a partner. :(

Nick Votto wrote:

Also, you should google "arrampicata sardegna" and you'll find some direction to guides

I tried googling g this and only rock gyms ,came up. ?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Deep water soloing/ sport guide beta Sardinia"
in the International