Mountain Project Logo

Mom/dad climbers

Original Post
Katie Chambo · · Chapel hill nc · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Hi! We are looking to connect with other parents that are climbers. So we can maybe meet up either at the gym (trc in morrisville or raleigh, nc) or climb outside anywhere in North Carolina ( moores wall and pilot are closest to us) Chattanooga or the new river Gorge. We have a 2 year old and would love to meet up with other parent climbers and take the kiddos and trade off belaying, climbing and Kid watching. My husband leads trad up to 5.12 and I lead sport up to 5.10b so far and I can follow trad or sport up to 5.11+. Message us if you want to meet up!! - Katie and daniel Chambo 

Mike Destazio · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

You guys ever find other climber parents? 

Russ Keane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 145

12 trad?  Holy crap.

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 290
Russ Keane wrote:

12 trad?  Holy crap.

Haha! 

And, the lady who had the kid follows 5.11d.

OP, one of my current climbing partners has two kids, a toddler still content to be in a play pen sort of arrangement, and a child about four. 

Mom, Dad, both kids and I climbed together our last outing of the summer, and had a great time! However, it did mean that I (very willingly) belayed either mom or dad, each time either climbed, so a parent was always there for the kids (top priority).

One kid was content to be corralled, one was very well behaved, both were great fun to be with, so it worked really well.

A two year old? That's a tough age! I do hope you got it worked out, and this bump helps.

My other climbing partner? My kid. ;-)

Best, Helen

Mike Destazio · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

I have a 5y/o and a 1.75 y/o, both girls. I ve been trying to get back into climbing for what seems like forever. I work as a rope access technician (L2) and a carpenter. Would love to find another family to climb with! We are in the very NE corner of GA, so West North Carolina is not far at all. My oldest is climbing curious, and trying to get my girlfriend into it also. We probably suck, but oh well,it’s  still fun! If anyone is willing send me a message here or at —seven zero six nine eight two 5782

thanks all!!!

Austin Goff · · Winston-Salem, NC · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 75

Hey! Tell Chambo to text me(if he still has my number) or message me on facebook. Our kids are only a few weeks apart and we are always getting out on the weekend. Trying to get out to Rumbling Bald on Saturday. Hanging Chain Area. 

Austin

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply