We're looking for someone to join our team. Interested?
Boulder Climbing Community Marketing and Event Coordinator
You are a passionate climber who wants to give back to your community. You're not afraid of hard work, unknown challenges, and answering emails. You're also not afraid to stand behind a table preaching the good word of stewardship to strangers.
This position will work closely with our Development Director to coordinate BCC marketing and events. We can train you for most responsibilities listed below if you bring your questions and a solid work ethic.
• Represent BCC at event display tables • Drive associated fundraising initiatives • Coordinate setup & teardown of event displays • Coordinate volunteers before, during and after events • Assist with event promotion and logistics • Prepare brief reports after each event
• Copywrite for email, social media, website, more • Post to and monitor BCC profiles - Facebook, Instagram, Mountainproject, more • Help keep our WordPress website current (html and image editing a plus) • Send mass emails using MailChimp • Manage events and volunteers using EventBrite • Basic graphic design - update flyer templates for print and web • Distribute promotions around town and mailings • Photography and video editing skills a HUGE plus
• Work 5-10 hours each week • Weekly meetings/calls with our Development Director • Attend and help coordinate many of our events (evenings and weekends) • Help coordinate our publishing calendar including emails, social media posts, website and flyer updates • Provide own computer, internet, and transportation (events may be up to an hour from Boulder)
• Passion for climbing and stewardship • Hard working self-starter who is also a team player • Experience in customer service, sales, marketing, organizing events, coordinating volunteers • Great communication skills, written and verbal • Comfort with technology - we use Google Apps, MS Office, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, EventBrite, MailChimp and more
• $400 per month on a contract basis • Industry benefits - discounts, pro-deals, swag • Pride for helping the local climbing community
How to Apply
Send your resume and a letter, which specifically addresses your qualifications as related to the position, via email to email@example.com.
There is no application deadline, we will accept applications until we find the right person.
What's the Boulder Climbing Community?
The Boulder Climbing Community is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that connects and supports climbers, climbing organizations, land managers, and businesses in the Boulder area, in order to protect and care for the climbing areas we love.
Our hallmark program is the Front Range Climbing Stewards, a full-time professional trail work team. We also have helped replace hundreds of old bolts and anchors, and have provided thousands of free wag bags at stations we installed. Learn more about these and other initiatives at boulderclimbers.org.