Mountain Project Logo

Spokane Climbing. Guide Book / Multi Pitch

Original Post
Joshua Munoz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 100

Hey guys, 

Ill be visiting my parents up in Spokane next week. After reading the areas in Spokane what are the best crags to check out? I want to take my dad out who is a semi experienced climber. And I can climb trad and sport up to 12's 

Also, does anyone have any links/pictures of guides to the area? Or a guide book/map to pick up? 

Lastly, besides the few multi pitch routes in the rocks of sharon area, are there any other good multi pitch routes worth getting on? 

Mahalo, 

Josh

Zach Holt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 60

Deep Creek and Dishman for hard pulling. Sharon for multipitch and views. McClellan for amazing granite and a bit of everything. Post Falls (Idaho) for a whole family outing and a bit of everything. 

I have the Spokane area guide book as well the Rocks of Sharon guide book that you could borrow if you'd like? There are two multipitch climbs on the East face (Sharon) that I think are fantastic. A Perfect Storm and Council of Elders, especially the latter. Tum Tum, just north of town, has a couple of multi pitch climbs but I can't comment on them and it seems information is a bit sparse. Banks lake, 1.5 hours has some great single pitch climbs and a few multipitch as well. Not many on MP however and about half are in the guidebook I mentioned above.  McClellan, also just north of town, is my personal favorite crag for both Trad and sport climbs but is not in any of the guide books. Maybe somebody else could help provide info for that area or if you thought you'd definitely want to check it out, I could draw a few very basic topos. 

Turner · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 150

There's an easy five pitch sport route at Tum Tum called Orion. Not sure of the access status right now.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply