What's everyone doing to train now that summer is almost over?

Original Post
Sean Hoffecker · · Central PA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 20

Curious to see what others are doing to get strong.  I've been working on strength by doing 5 pull-ups and 10 push-ups at the top of the minute for 20 minutes.  Also stepping up my core game.  

Charlie S · · Ogden, UT · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 1,448

I thought we were still training for Sendtember?

I'm on the Rock Prodigy plan.  Not hardcore enough for Aleks' 4-plan.  Hangboarding is a major game changer.

Sean Hoffecker · · Central PA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 20
Charlie S wrote:

I thought we were still training for Sendtember?

I'm on the Rock Prodigy plan.  Not hardcore enough for Aleks' 4-plan.  Hangboarding is a major game changer.

September in PA can stay pretty warm depending on where you are so Rocktober will be my month :)

I also started to incorporate contrasts baths for my fingers as I've been dealing with a pulley tweak for a few months.  I would 100% recommend this to anyone that has finger pain.

Lena chita · · Cleveland, OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 240
Charlie S wrote:

+1. About halfway through my hangboard cycle. Then power at the beginning of September, and transitioning to a more hybrid Steve Bechtel-type plan  to hopefully climb well October through Spring.

Daniel T · · Riverside, Ca · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 35

I am starting to get out on real rock these days, now that its cool enough after work.  Im adding a day for strength and a day or two for cardio(depending on life commitments).  Rocktober here I come!!!

RER · · Southern California · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 3,160

I have been a gym rat most of the summer and that has lead to some atrophy in my push muscles from a neglect in training. With Bishop season 2 months out I have begun a small training regiment. Consistency is the real key to results. I have been doing the basics; push-ups(perfect push-up rotating thing), various abs things mostly with a medicine ball, and light weight squats and deadlifts. I am a big fan of the TRX straps for body weight training. I try to get outside at least once a week and with my time on real rock I focus on mental control. I choose easy highballs and climb slow and focus on breathing and not over gripping.

Marcelo F · · Oakland, CA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 0

I switched from white wine to red.

Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,470

Ha ha ha. I just keep climbing. But not routes that I used to climb well. That way leads to madness.

Tristan Bradford · · Oklahoma City, OK · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 443

Slitting my wrists and hoping enough blood drains that I loose 15lbs and can climb 5.13a

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply