Mountain Project Logo

WTB/Donate: Your Old Climbing Shoes



FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Greetings...  I'm trying to outfit our scout troop with some climbing shoes.  Don't need to be top shelf but must be inexpensive and servicable (don't want to have to resole before they can be used).  Looking for all sizes... Thanks.


PlanchePRO · · Houston, Texas · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 50
Nivel Egres · · New York, NY · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 130
Anthony wrote:

Greetings...  I'm trying to outfit our scout troop with some climbing shoes.  Don't need to be top shelf but must be inexpensive and servicable (don't want to have to resole before they can be used).  Looking for all sizes... Thanks.


Would you be ok with shoes that require a resole in the near future? I have a few pairs. 

caesar.salad · · earth · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 85
Nivel Egres wrote:

Would you be ok with shoes that require a resole in the near future? I have a few pairs. 

Me too.

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0
Nivel Egres wrote:

Would you be ok with shoes that require a resole in the near future? I have a few pairs. 

Nivel... sorry for the delay but I think that would be great if we could get a couple of trips out of them before we resole.  Let me know what you're thinking. I appreciatate the response.

Anthony

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0
PlanchePRO wrote:

I've got some la sportiva solutions for sale: https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113475864/fsobotrade-la-sportiva-solution-41

Thanks for the response...  I will pass because 41 is the size I'm donating myself to the cause. Thx anyways...

Anthony

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0
caesar.salad wrote:

Me too.

Lol... I'm not sure if you're looking for shoes or have some that I may be interested in...  Let me know. Thx

Nick Schenck · · Olympia, WA · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 35

I have a for sale post with a 2 pairs of size 42 shoes (US size 9).  Both used, one pair has a good amount of rubber left and the other has enough to be useful for a while.  I'd discount them if they're bough ttogether. PM me if you're interested.

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,745

Size 8 Evolv Defy (the grey Velcro-closure ones) for $30 + shpg. Lemme know if that's something you'd go for.

Or, for $70 (+ shpg), you get the Defys and these Anasazis (they are in reality a full size smaller than the Defys):

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113493478/fs-anaszi-vcs-velcro-75-new-rubber-45

Brett Rubbo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I've have a size 12! 

Nivel Egres · · New York, NY · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 130
Anthony wrote:

Nivel... sorry for the delay but I think that would be great if we could get a couple of trips out of them before we resole.  Let me know what you're thinking. I appreciatate the response.

Anthony

Oh, yeah, they will last a few trips for sure. 

Alan Zhan · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 65

what sizes are you looking for? 5-8 US range?

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0
Gunkiemike wrote:

Size 8 Evolv Defy (the grey Velcro-closure ones) for $30 + shpg. Lemme know if that's something you'd go for.

Or, for $70 (+ shpg), you get the Defys and these Anasazis (they are in reality a full size smaller than the Defys):

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113493478/fs-anaszi-vcs-velcro-75-new-rubber-45

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

GunkeiMike...  I have several pairs in that size already.  Thank you for the offer.

Anthony

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0
Nick Schenck wrote:

I have a for sale post with a 2 pairs of size 42 shoes (US size 9).  Both used, one pair has a good amount of rubber left and the other has enough to be useful for a while.  I'd discount them if they're bough ttogether. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks Nick... I'll check it out..

Anthony

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0
Brett Rubbo wrote:

I've have a size 12! 

Brett:

Could use a 12... Let me know what you have... Thanks.

Anthony

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0
Alan Zhan wrote:

what sizes are you looking for? 5-8 US range?

Alan:

5-7 are definitely needed.  We have a lot of younger scouts right now. Let me know what you have... Thanks for the response.

Anthony

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0
Nivel Egres wrote:

Oh, yeah, they will last a few trips for sure. 

Great. Let me know what you have. Thanks

Anthony

Buddy Smith · · GA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 40

Sierra Trading Post has Cypher shoes for $20 per pair brand new. Ad was emailed to me today.

Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

bump


Anthony · · San Diego, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Thank you to all that have replied, especially Henri, Nivel and Kari. Very much appreciated. I continue to look for additional shoes so if you have any you are able to part with, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks again.


Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply

Log In to Reply