Mountain Project Logo

Wild Country Revo now available for preorder

Original Post
Brian Abram · · Celo, NC · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 480

REI now lists the Revo available for preorders with a stated shipping date "within 30 days":

https://www.rei.com/product/115409/wild-country-revo-belay-device?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3x6y-NnnbE&feature=youtu.be

Inane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

holly fook $144.95 thats steep 

Kevin DeWeese · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Ordered mine. If it works similar to a silent partner for lead roped soloing, that price is cheap. 

La MoMoface · · Arvada, CO · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 60

I'm in. Will review, of course!

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340
Inane wrote:

new gri+ is retailing for $149

Forever Outside · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 240

damn looks huge and weights like 70 more grams than the gg2, but looks rad

Ted.kemble · · tower city PA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5
BigB wrote:

on sale at back country for 112.46 right now

as much as id like to get one of these i will wait it out to see how the reviews are 

Inane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0
BigB wrote:

The grigri 2 is $75 on backcountry and the plus is $112. It is just hard for me to pay that much more when the grigri gets the job done.  

pat a · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0
Inane wrote:

The grigri 2 is $75 on backcountry and the plus is $112. It is just hard for me to pay that much more when the grigri gets the job done.  

The grigri gets the job done about 999,999 times out of 1,000,000.  Maybe even more.

You're paying an extra $50 to address that other one.  :)

Jplotz · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 1,205
Inane wrote:

So inane.

Gold Plated Rocket Pony · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 91

Willing to bet at least 1 recall in the first 12 months

David Kerkeslager · · New Paltz, NY · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 137

Can anyone speak to how this works for feeding rope to the leader on lead belay?

The problem I run into when belaying the leader is that a fast feed with existing autolocking devices sometimes causes the autolocking mechanism to engage.

J W · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,535
David Kerkeslager wrote:

Can anyone speak to how this works for feeding rope to the leader on lead belay?

The problem I run into when belaying the leader is that a fast feed with existing autolocking devices sometimes causes the autolocking mechanism to engage.

No one knows, they aren't in the wild at the moment except for reps and athletes. 

Supposedly it won't engage unless a fall happens, but then they delayed the release for a redesign, so who knows now. 

Kevin DeWeese · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Trying to find rappelling process for this device, anyone found anything on the offical sites or review blogs that goes into rapping with the Revo?

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 210
  1. To Kevin DeWeese 1 wrote:

Trying to find rappelling process for this device, anyone found anything on the offical sites or review blogs that goes into rapping with the Revo?

It would rappel as a single slot tuber the clutch doesn't engage until you are practically in free fall.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 210
John Wilder wrote:

No one knows, they aren't in the wild at the moment except for reps and athletes. 

Supposedly it won't engage unless a fall happens, but then they delayed the release for a redesign, so who knows now. 

They delayed it to redesign the valley slots, there are tons of videos out there of people using it, it's not some big secret how it functions. 

Benj84 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 425

Anyone else notice that in the prototype videos the revo was always referred to pretty audaciously as a 'auto-blocking belay device' and in this most recent WMR video it is referred to with a much more timid 'block assisted belay device'?

Either they've changed their expectations for the device or had a chat with their legal team.

J W · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,535
that guy named seb wrote:

They delayed it to redesign the valley slots, there are tons of videos out there of people using it, it's not some big secret how it functions. 

Didnt say the function is a secret, just said that there's no one other than reps or athletes that have had their hands on it and could speak to how it functions. 

20 kN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,346
Inane wrote:

Especially when the guy in the video said "the price is $129.95 US."

James T · · Livermore · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 80

Maybe I'm just bad at the internet but how do you preorder on REI's website? Clicking "buy now" gets me nowhere, and I need to hurry up and figure it out before my wife comes downstairs and catches me buying more climbing gear.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Wild Country Revo now available for preorder"