Mountain Project Logo

Closed.

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
BrandonC · · Cincinnati, OH · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 225

Like I said earlier, I'm selling a few things off to help fund a rather large purchase that I'm making somewhat shortly. 

1. Up for sale is a Fish Single Ledge, complete with fly. Includes all bags, stuffsacks, and fly pole. Ledge is like new condition, as well the fly. Fly seams probably should be resealed. Overall, just a really awesome, light ledge. 

$550 Shipped to US addresses. PayPal only. Buyer covers paypal fees, or may use f/f at their discretion. 

2. Valley Giant VG-9. Like new condition.  $210 Shipped. 

Buy the ledge, and I'll do $160 for the VG-9.

4. Totem Basic Set, Blue-yellow.(3). New. $195 Shipped/ea

Both sets for $380 Shipped. 

2 Sets available. Will not be shipped out until a bit later in the week. 

fuzzy muzzle · · Seattle · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Woah, didn't know they made one with a pool table option...hate to haul that bitch...

fuzzy muzzle wrote:

Woah, didn't know they made one with a pool table option...hate to haul that bitch...

A shuffleboard table was also an option, but I ultimately determined it might be too unwieldy in a vertical environment. 

One and only price drop. Will be kept, otherwise. 

Added new items. 

Skye Swoboda-Colberg · · Laramie, Wyoming · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 115

Did you recently have the bed repaired? I have the same ledge, paid half the price of what your asking for, but the ledge and haulbag are also not in as good of shape. Just curious how much repairs would have run you, it looks brand new!

Skye Swoboda-Colberg wrote:

Did you recently have the bed repaired? I have the same ledge, paid half the price of what your asking for, but the ledge and haulbag are also not in as good of shape. Just curious how much repairs would have run you, it looks brand new!

Skye,

The ledge and fly are new, so it wouldn't/doesn't need any repairs. It pretty much is brand new. Honestly, I don't know what it would cost. You might check with fish. I'm pretty sure Russ keeps a warranty even on non-original owners. 

BrandonC wrote:

Skye,

The ledge and fly are new, so it wouldn't/doesn't need any repairs. It pretty much is brand new. Honestly, I don't know what it would cost. You might check with fish. I'm pretty sure Russ keeps a warranty even on non-original owners. 

LOL. That would explain why it looks brand new, your price is more than fair. Thanks for the info.

However, I will add this... High tenacity nylon is strong, very strong actually... When it's intact. If you have multiple fatigue tears, you might be better off sewing a new bed. It's kind of a losing battle with that kind of damage. However, if it's just small pokes/abrasions here and there, then that's very repairable. 

This is based on past experiences with a small side thing I had in college, sewing nylon hammocks. Just my opinion. Could be totally wrong, so take it fwiw. 

Totem set is SOLD to Thomas. 

My ledge is well loved, the reinforced wall side of the bed has some abrasion, the stitches are stretched but there are no tears and the fly has already been repaired once after the owner accidentally set it on fire with a hanging stove setup (that's my theory anyway). I slept in it for 3 rainy nights for practice and one day in snow. Its waterproof, so prob good enough for another wall. I've read stories of Pete Zabrok repairing virtually every part of his ledge and getting 100+ nights out of his ledge. The whole setup with fly weighs 15lbs, surprised it hasn't sold yet...

Sounds like you should be solid. :) 

And you're right, it's a very light setup. Sort of surprised it hasn't sold as well, to be honest. Actually, I'd be keeping it for my walling if I didn't have a deal coming up that I just cannot pass on. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply