New to Orange County - Looking for People to Climb With

Original Post
Joshua Palmer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I just moved to Laguna Niguel this past month. I want to start climbing outside, but I have the small issue of not knowing anyone. I have sport gear, and two 5 inch bouldering pads. I climb around 5.10-5.11/ V4-5. I just started my first full-time job so I'm looking to go out on weekends for bouldering or sport climbing.

David Fogel · · Lake Forest, CA · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 515

Hey Joshua,

Welcome! Feel free to use my guest pass and we can work some problems with some gym friends. I know a few locals that Boulder, I'm familiar with crags around Socal, I like Trad but Sport and also Boulder sometimes. I know what it's like to move and not know a lot of people. My gym is also full of people your age and it's really close to your city. Anyway shoot me a PM if you want - David

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 10,980

David Fogel is an upstanding gentleman who always brings flowers to the first climbing date and has his hand steadfast in the brake side of the rope. I would and have trusted him with my life but I would never let him near to my women considering his suave personality and impeccable hygiene.

Matt Himmelstein · · Orange, California · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 95

Howdy Josh.  I am always looking for potential outside partners.  I clamb at SenderOne indoors, so if you want to check it out, I can let you use my guest pass.  I am free most Saturdays, and am most interested in trad, but I can be convinced to climb sport.  Good luck trying to get me pebble wresting.  I have pretty much anything we would need in the way of gear.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply